Sunday, February 2, 2020

COMMODE CRISIS

We've been wanting to change the flooring in our guest bath (which is really our main bath) for about a year.  I got bids from two remodel companies then decided I didn't want a mortgage!!  Never mind taking out the one piece shower/tub and getting tile.  Never mind taking out the 30 year old vanity with a plastic "marble" sink and surround. 

For some reason, Jesse has decided now is the time and he can do it himself.  It started out with just replacing the engineered wood plank floor.  He and Kate would go get flooring samples to bring home.  Nothing really sparked any joy.  Then they started looking at heavy vinyl that comes in 12 foot lengths.  Which prompted them to say how about a new (higher) vanity with a mirror (instead of the whole wall being deteriorating 30 year old mirror.

Which led to painting the ceiling and walls, before putting anything back in place.  I'm amazed that he would tackle such a job having never done any of the phases before .... except for painting!

Needless to say, we have been down to ONE toilet and shower for five people.  One is an older lady who usually gets up twice in the night.  Two younger people wait until it is an emergency to use the facilities.

So far, it's been two nights and we are all still talking with each other!


Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Bathroom remodels are always the pits! I've lived through two and am glad I'll never have to do it again. Google has been godsend to a lot of people like Jesse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can Google how to do ANYTHING!

      I might invest in a night or two at our guest suite .... it's a long dark trek through the master bedroom to get to their bathroom ....

      Delete
  2. Wishing you luck!! Its only the two of us living here now, but I like having 2 bathrooms. You just never know when the need to go is going to come on and someone is in the bathroom. I don't know how my mom and her family managed with 1 bathroom when she was growing up with 10 children in the family!

    Hoping the remodel goes smoothly and gets done quickly!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you present the case for not redoing my house. Even talking about new flooring and painting can set my OCD self on high alert. We replaced the oven and cooktop a few months ago. Only had to unload all of the cabinets surrounding these two items and store the contents in the guest room. Aack. I need all my plumbing.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...