Sunday, February 23, 2020

OPTICAL DELUSION

I am so looking forward to have my eyesight back (with glasses).

It takes a few hours for the evening ointment to work its way out.  Until then, it's like looking through vaseline.  And I have to close my left eye (cataract already removed) to read or use the computer.  Because it has been set for "medium" distance.  When my right eye is cataract free, I will have to wear reading glasses (hopefully off the shelf!!).  My dream is to be able to not wear glasses at home and while walking or shopping.  Then long distance specs for driving.

I love the feeling of using the ointment as my eyes feel moist.  The over the counter drops feel good for about 30 minutes.  Maybe there are prescription drops that last longer ... and I'm going to ask!

My next appointment is March 24 when my right eye gets measured for replacement lens.  April 1 for surgery, April 2 for follow up and April 29 to be tested for glasses.

My birthday is May 1 and it will be a grand celebration!

2 comments:

  1. Eyes issues are SO scary and the decision on what lens to have them put in has got to be very difficult to make. I don't mind wearing glasses in fact, I like wearing them, but I hate that feeling of looking through through Vaseline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to buying glasses online ... so I can afford to have several pairs!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...