Sunday, February 16, 2020

HOW ON EARTH?

OOOPS, I did it again.


I volunteered to be Secretary on the WLLO Governing Council.  With all the changes happening this year, our membership needs a few familiar faces.  The term is just one year and one of the ladies who is running to be co-chair, is easy and fun to work with.    

The plan is for me to stop doing the jobs I don't enjoy thus giving me time to do this.  Council meets once a month and I will record the happenings.  One of our goals is to have each team backed up by a trained member of another team ... in case of long vacations, illness, whatever.  I've been working with Membership (she is running for co-chair)  She has swooped in once she learned of my friction with the outgoing chair.  And has encouraged her other team members to be more friendly towards me.  I guess I work better with people who are kind and encouraging.

It's been a busy WLLO week.  Tuesday was Flick Friends and only ONE member joined me.  She lives about 1/2 mile from me, so I swung by to carpool.  We watched Knives Out which we both loved!  I love reserving seats and I think I'll do that ever time ... there were just three of us there to watch a 1pm show so if other members don't want to go online and reserve a seat, there should always be plenty of room.   Wednesday evening was Happy Hour and my daughter drove me and another member then returned two hours later to bring us home.  (Hopefully good eyes by my birthday!).


I'm in the middle on the left of this photo.  On my right is a member who I drive a lot.  Our day together started at 8:45 when I took her to a lecture at our Adult Community Center.  Then we made a few stops running errands and then had lunch together at our Adult Community Center.  Got her home a little after 1:00pm so I could return at 3:30 to take her with me for Happy Hour.

On my left is a 95 year old member ... sitting across from her daughter.  Ms. 95 is always dressed to the nines, with just the right amount of makeup and coordinating jewelry.  Since we had such a small group, we got a lot of talking in.  She lives in a four generational family!  Ages 7 months to 95.  They built a second master suite for her (I think she paid for it)  She loves it as much as I do.

The Village concept is such a great idea for keeping oldsters involved in life and socializing.  Which is why I like to do my part.  Someday I will be a follower and less of a doer.

P.S.  Boys have a four day weekend ... so I sent them to the Oregon coast, Newport to be exact.  Mr. Ralph and I were married there and they are going to sprinkle a bit of Poppa.






4 comments:

  1. The boys look great! Hope they are having a fun weekend!! I think it is great when multi generations live together! It is very rewarding for all I do believe! Good looking bunch of women you get to hang out with occasionally! The social events you mention sound like fun too! Hoping your volunteering goes a bit more smoothly in the future!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you wouldn't last long. Volunteering is in your soul.

    You didn't go along to spread Ralph's ashes? Beautiful view behind the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fun group for Happy Hour. Isn't it great that your daughter drove you and the other member so you could enjoy yourselves and not worry about driving? Were you able to sneak in a short nap in between all those activities? I like your hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Volunteering is a wonderful thing and I'm glad you realize that spending the time on the things you like best is the right way to do it. We change, groups change, life changes, and we just keep adapting to live the best life we can. It sounds like you have found lots of ways to live a happy, fulfilling life.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...