Thursday, February 20, 2020

I GOT AN OMEN

Nope, I didn't volunteer again!  Apparently, I never hit "send" to step into the WLLO Council as Secretary.  And at our meeting on Tuesday, another member has tentatively stepped up, so I'm off the hook.  I will stay on the Council, one year term.

I take that as an OMEN!  Now I just have to remember to bite my tongue.
At the meeting, I did reiterate what I do NOT want to do.  Since I drafted the minutes, I clearly put them in writing.  It was quickly "edited" to not have most of them in writing, so I quickly went back in and RE-edited to include them!  (then locked the document for commenting only)  I will do March and April but starting in May, I will be a helper for a month or two.

At the monthly meeting, while the outgoing Chair is grandchild sitting four days a week (infant all day, preschooler half days and Kindergartener after school) she may still remain in charge of Volunteers.  She has been swiping leads I have  cultivated for Virtual Office helpers, so it will soon be her problem when I work just 2 days a week.

I do want this Village to be successful but I'm not willing to work 80 hours a week doing things that make me cranky.  Most of the ladies on the Council have been involved for 3 years getting us open for business.  Some need a break.  Many are staying on AND doing more.  Some of them are still employed!

Now ... to finally get my eyesight back to where it was!  Next blog ...


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm out of the volunteer business! I know, that's a selfish attitude but sometimes you have to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not out of the volunteer. But getting to do more of the things I enjoy and less of the stressy things! It is hard to say no but so necessary!

      Delete
  2. Glad that it worked out the way it worked out!! Rather than an omen, I might call it a blessing :) Volunteering should be fun and rewarding and at times challenging if one wants that challenge. Otherwise volunteering can become tedious, almost like work!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was feeling too much like WORK! Call me crazy but I prefer FUN!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...