Monday, June 30, 2014

PERSISTENCE

All my life I have been non-athletic.  I don't know how I ever passed gym class in high school.  Catholic nun pity, I presume.

Now that I've lost a little weight, I know I have to use more calories if I choose to eat the same way I have been.  My knees are doing better going away from the gluten (but it's still so tempting ....), but the Arthritis Foundation says it's better to work through the pain.  They probably know what they are doing.

I signed up for an exercise class at my Adult Center that is Arthritis Foundation approved.  It's a WALKING group that meets at 8:00 am twice a week.  But I have to start somewhere.  Kinda pisses me off to see my ex-husband's Facebook page where he is climbing a mountain or participating in a 100 mile bike ride or kayaking for days.  (How did ever put up with this couch potato for ten years??).  And a high school friend spent two years weight training and COMPETED in a body building contest for women.  In a skimpy bikini.  At age 60!  Both of my best non-athletic high school buddies each go to a gym several days a week.  One friend is still working full time!

per·sist·ence
pərˈsistəns/
noun

firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.

the continued or prolonged existence of something.


1 comment:

  1. The persistence gene passed me over, too. It's all so boring! I walked once, why do I have to keep doing it? LOL

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...