Saturday, June 21, 2014

SLEEP DEPRIVED

Well.  Just more proof that I'm getting older.

Grandson Braeden spent the night with me last night.  He's caught a cold with lots of coughing when he lies down.  And he's just not himself.

The parents and the baby went home about 10pm so we read a book, then watched a video about baby zoo animals and what they are fed.  Somehow a fly was in his room which TERRIFIED him despite the fact they only eat garbage, not little boys.

I tried watching House of Cards (oh my, another favorite on Netflix) but then the monsters arrived in his room.  Not the fun, cute ones from last night.  Nope.  These were scary ones who had him in tears.  So into Gramma's bed he came.  Finally the coughing slowed down and he fell asleep about midnight.

At 5:00 am this morning, he started the coughing.  At 5:30 he tapped me to see if I could snuggle him a bit.  At 6:00 I had him go potty and gave him some Tylenol and a big glass of water.  At 7:00 we just got up.  He's been on my lap most of the morning, just chatting and cuddling Lyly, his raggedy stuffed lion.  He is half heartedly playing some games on my iPad, then bumped his mouth on the table and there was BLOOD.  Poor little man.

It's now 8:00 am and I'm heading in for a shower while he is snuggled up in pillows and blankets watching a Lego movie.   I could go right back to sleep .... Gramma's can't do these all nighters any more.




3 comments:

  1. All nighters used to have a different meaning, didn't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...there's your snuggling for the week, ha! I love how you love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it, but you haven't been showing up in my Wordpress reader. I missed so many of your posts. I've had the same problem with other Blogspot blogs. I think it's a vast Wordpress conspiracy.

    You made me smile with this one. What a sweet boy. What a sweet grandma.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...