Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FULL MOON on FRIDAY the 13th

This Friday is going to be special.  It's the last full moon to occur on a Friday the 13th until 2059.  Will I even be here for the next one?

So I took a big step.  I invited about 15 people to meet up at our condo Clubhouse to celebrate (I love having a theme).  It's simple, just bring your own beverage and some finger food to share.  But this is the first "party" I've hosted since Mr. Ralph left.  Will I be able to do it? 

Oh gosh I realize how much I counted on him.  He always kept the conversation going.  The glasses filled.  Greeted each arrival with a personal conversation.  Introduced those who didn't know each other.

Sure, I did my share.  Choosing people who might get along.  Setting the scene to be warm and welcoming.  Thinking up a little menu to go along with the theme.

I'm starting small and not hosting a dinner, so that makes it a lot easier.  Although I've been dreaming up a fun menu for my first foray into entertaining at the next level.


I just miss him so much.  




3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The casualness of your get-together should make it as stress-free and fun as possible for your first sole party. Just remember you learned from the best. Ralph gave you the blueprint for a good party and you can do it after all those years of watching him interact with guesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success! More than 15 people joined the celebration ... not on the original list but everyone spread the word. Only two men who promptly became bored and left. One wife stayed, the other did not. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! What a neat reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...