Monday, February 10, 2014

WATER WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

January I began a new habit.  Eating breakfast every day.  VERY successful!

So for February, my new challenge is to drink six 8 oz servings of water each day.  Fortunately, I guess I'm pretty good at drinking water all day.  Along with my cup or two of coffee and my glass or two of wine.




I have a very nice crystal pitcher (I don't like plastic ... anything) that holds EXACTLY six cups of liquid.  Who uses a glass that is only 8 oz?  No one!  My normal glass holds two cups!!  It's fortunate that I love drinking water.  Mostly just plain filtered water.  Sometimes I jazz it up with cucumber slices or lemon.

Since this was too easy, I feel obligated to add something else for my February NEW habit.  Walking.  Even if it's just 15 minutes a couple of times a day.  This month's Real Simple had a headline WALKING WORKS or some such.  They even suggested that 15 minutes of walking after every meal is often better than a 45 minute walk.  Go figure!  Even I can do that.

Hmmm ... what for next month?

3 comments:

  1. I love water and have no trouble getting in my required daily amount. But it's got to be cold. I've never tried it with cucumber slices but I refuse water that had lemon slices if it's done in a restaurant. That's a common source for food poisoning around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard about skipping the lemon for that reason! See? Blogging is good for our health! My friend here on Maui prefers room temperature water ... and asks for water with no ice when dining out. I like mine both ways. I'm thinking about choosing herbal tea at night instead of my beloved red wine. Getting ready to join Weight Watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Talk about healthy living. Drinking six or more glasses of water per day will bring so many great benefits to our bodies. Aside from improving the texture of our skin, it also helps us flush out unwanted toxins easily. It is also proven to relieve fatigue and headache. You're doing a great job, and I hope you're pressing on with it. Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you!

    Judith Harvey @ Aqua Perfect Sac

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...