Thursday, October 24, 2013

THE FIRST HOLIDAYS

My first solo Thanksgiving in 40 years is on the horizon.  My Maui "foodie" friend approached me a few weeks ago about joining forces.  My sister is trying with all her might to get me to visit Louisville ... and kindly keep me for 3+ weeks.  My daughter and little family think I should return to Portland.  

Last year Ralph and I and our friend, Thor, went to Mama's Fish House on Maui.  THE best and most scenic restaurant I've ever been to.  We then hosted a traditional meal a day later with about five friends.  I love cooking and I love entertaining.  It was a win/win in 2012.

But after canceling with Leslie, I contacted her today and now we are back on.  Whew!!  She loves to cook as much as I do and so far, I have been relegated to crudites and a vegetable dish.  She is a gluten free baker AND wants to roast the turkey, make the stuffing and homemade bread!  I hope it's at my house so I can smell it all day.

Oh.  And I'm also in charge of the wine!




4 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm confused. Who is Leslie---your daughter, sister or friend? Where ever you go, it sounds like you've got great people who care about you to be around for the holiday, Still, you'll have your melancholy moments so just roll with them, no need to pretend in the company you'll be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie = Maui Gourmet Friend
    Janet = Louisville Sister (and best friend)
    Kate = Portland Daughter (my one and only)

    Melancholy moments. Forever, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well actually JB, I might be able to be considered all three, oui? I can't wait to see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Leslie! You ARE all three .... see you next Weds

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...