Thursday, October 22, 2020

VOLATILE POLITICS

My voter pamphlet and ballot and black ink pen are carefully laid out on my desk.  I've read through our local issues (sorry, NO NEW TAXES for me) especially when they are worded in the most biased way.  I'm not inclined to "amend our Oregon constitution" for much of anything unless it is something the Supreme Court would endorse.  In addition, I carefully read who endorses and who is against.

The week our ballots arrived via mail, all four of our mail stations were vandalized and some mailboxes emptied.  Fortunately, the HOA had been planning to replace the 25 year old equipment and they are scheduled to be installed by the end of this week.  Our mailbox was spared but one neighbor had put their completed ballot in the outgoing slot as they left for Arizona for a month.

You probably get them too but I cannot WAIT until the robotexts stop!  I get over 10 every day.  And they call me Reagan, not JB.  So what do they know!  I don't get many phone calls but I don't answer numbers that don't have names I know attached.

Last but not least, the construction industry here are already stockpiling plywood, windows, paint and other major repair items due to concern about even more riots after the vote.  Maybe even tonight after the debate.

America!  Simmer down. 


3 comments:

  1. I've been getting the robotexts (about 4 a day) and about 10 robocalls a day. Like you, I can't wait for them to stop!!!!!!! I can't believe our country has gotten to the point that people are stockpiling plywood for plausible riots after an election! I just hate what's becoming of our country. And there is going to be no easy, quick fix no matter who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to vote on Saturday. I was talking to hubby the other day that pretty much everyone has made up their mind by now who they are going to vote for; small percentage still are undecided. I hate to see all the campaign literature coming through in the mail and ads on TV. Wasted money I think that can be used for better purposes I think. I get a lot of text messages for politicians. I opt out of them when I can. Funny thing is because our area code is from a Southern California city I get text messages for California voting too and they think my name is Aaron. Really, I'll be glad when this election is over. Its sad but we are prepared in case there is looting and rioting over the results. Got some extra supplies in just in case.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that we voted early and in person. It's good to have it over and done. It's a shame that our country is in such a mess, and that people are so divided. I hate it. I hope we can pull out of this.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...