Sunday, October 25, 2020

SUNDAY

I have a whole blog ready to post but decided it was too political and depressing.  We have way too much of that going around.  There's a group heading to this little suburb to make some noise.


Sounds like they just want to discuss things here (not). When I first saw this, I notified the police.  The Chief called me the next morning to say yes, they were aware this was planned but thanked me as it takes a Village to keep up with what is going on.  I was shocked at the language and he explained First Amendment rights.  UGH.  So far, local BLM groups have had rallies with no violence or destruction.  This particular group is led by a known activist who usually crosses the line.  Stay tuned.  (He gave me his direct phone line and his email address).

We, on the other hand, are anxiously awaiting Wednesday, October 28.  Braeden turns double digits.  We are going above and beyond celebrating all day since we can't have a party or take some buddies to the Video Arcade due to Covid.  For breakfast he wants Dad's pancakes and bacon, lunch is Subway style (made at home) 12" turkey sandwich and fancy dinner?  steak, salad, steak fries, corn on the cob followed by ice cream pie (I used to be great at making those, so wish me luck).

I'm now going to giving money for birthdays!  $5 for each year.  He will be SO excited.  He now mostly chooses his own clothes although I did get them (non matching) Halloween pajamas.  I think my matchy matchy days are over!!  Sniff.  He is playing a video game with his brother, Dad and several cousins and needs "real" money to buy stuff for the game.  Both boys have to go through me to buy anything, so it's very controllable and I like how they are learning to not spend it all at once.

The weather here is COLD and sunny.  Freezing point already.  Homemade pizza and family movie night is still going on here every Friday night.  We watched Poltergeist which I thought was too frightening for them but it was rated PG back in 1980 and was just a bit scary.  Then I signed up for a free one week trial of HBO Max as my sister told me they were showing Roald Dahl's "The Witches" and we watched that Saturday night.

Chin up and let's stay positive.  And kind.




7 comments:

  1. While I understand your concern I also totally understand the frustration and lack of change that has led people to feel the need to both use that kind if language and to congregate and educate. Frankly, I would be worried about the white supremacists that will probably gather to try and incite violence. My former suburb had many BLM rallies and marches with no bad effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little town has a peaceful rally for BLM almost every week. Fortunately, there was a large peacekeeping group of police, only a few proud boys and they even cleaned up when the left. Good job!

      Delete
  2. I think its because of all the political things going on that I could say that I haven't felt like blogging for over a month. But I have a cute one coming up around Halloween if it plays out like I think it will play out. Time will tell!

    Happy early birthday to your grandson! Turning 10 is a great achievement! I like how the day is planned; it sounds like lots of fun! Giving money is going to be my mode of operation for this year for Christmas instead of gift cards. I'll be "wrapped" up with it in minutes LOL.

    I've never been a rally/protest person. Never been to one and not sure I'll go to one now. The protests/rallies here have been relatively peaceful after the "crazy" ones in June. I'm not even sure when there was a last one here.

    Stay safe!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TODAY he's 10! Bathroom is decorated (even the mirror), he had to pull a streamer to get through the hallway which let down about 50 balloons! There were streamers forming a "door" to get to the living room where lots of helium balloon with ribbons were. His place at the table was festive and little guy got to give him his gifts in the morning. He has to wait til after dinner for the rest!

      I'm not for being in crowds at all although I did get talked into a few concerts.

      Delete
  3. A free week of HBO around Halloween will get you a whole different selection than at other times of the year.

    The younger generation uses the F word fluidly but I can see why that sentence would have law enforcement be on alert. I've never been to a protest---well, not since my youth---but there are so many outside agitators crashing protests and marches in recent years I would not feel safe at any of them.

    Keep enjoying your boys. They are growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That word still bothers me. I've not been passionate enogh about anything to protest. Letter writing? I'm pro.

      Delete
  4. Yes, stay positive and kind. That's the way to go. We could use more of that. I hope things go okay with the protest. We've had a lot of destruction in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...