Sunday, October 4, 2020

THE DRIVING QUEEN

Yes, I'm finally driving again.  

My Zenni specs (and sunglasses) arrived and the next day I took myself to get a flu shot.  Interestingly, the pharmacist thinks the season will start late AND we may be able to get a second dose if necessary.  Sounds about right for 2020.  The rest of the family gets their flu shots next week ... boys still have to go to pediatrician.

Saturday I drove to the other side of town to view a house with huge yard that Tahlia is interested in.  Darling!  Safe neighborhood.  Her plan is to move her tiny home to the back corner of the back yard then rent the home out to cover her mortgage payment.  I may drive over again tomorrow, taking the outer belt to see if it's quicker ... then research some grocery stores and restaurants nearby.

I signed back up for WLLO driving again, although I am only accepting members who do NOT need my help getting in and out of my van.  Member must sit in back on the passenger side which will actually be much easier to get in and out.  The front passenger seat can be pushed WAY forward, so there will be so much more space for getting in and out, storing purse, water, etc.  First I will take it for an inside and outside car wash!

Halloween decor is going up this weekend.  Don't worry ... we can put up seasonal decorations a month prior to holiday and leave them up for a month after.  My current HOA drama is they claim I did not pay dues for September.  Even after I send them the front and back of the check!  They would prefer I use "ClickPay" but I'm happier having control of stopping payment and using my Credit Union.  Which I have been doing for ten years.  The Assistant Manager INSISTS their collection center did not get my check .. despite the "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" and their account number (the same for past few years). "If we had gotten your check, accounting would have processed it and they do not have it".  After 2-3 email exchanges, I just didn't respond and we'll take it from there.

We also requested an in-person "hearing" about our landscape.  Now the Property Manager is recovering from some sort of surgery so who knows when that will be.  We just want an impartial person to visit ALL condos to be sure the RULES are applied fairly.  The ten pink flamingoes are still out ...




3 comments:

  1. Aww man, I would have liked ten pink flamingos. I am still waiting to see what rules we'll have for our little patio and deck spaces. I know wind chimes are out and bird feeders.

    Congratulations on driving again! Be safe pandemic wise.

    That's crazy about your HOA fees and them still insisting they didn't get your check when you sent them the front and back photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our HOA is like a grain of sand in my shoe. We will just need to work with them as this location is perfect! Yeh, we could use another 500 sq feet and a garage but great school district (when that will matter again), great walkability, many preserved green scape areas, lots of city parks and a State park 6 blocks away.

      HOA Asst Mgr last email "If it was cashed, then it would have been received and posted already on the account. The accounting department has explained that the check was cut on the 4th and I believe on the first email you sent, it was stated that the check may be cashed, withdrawn, etc. on the 4th or after.

      Because of the 7-10 delay and everything else going on, we’re looking at the possibility of the check being delayed.

      Because you refuse to contact ClickPay, I will go ahead and see what I can do on my end and get back to you with what I find out with ClickPay. They are an essential part of the payment process since October of 2019. All owners should have registered online to be able to see the account, even if there is an automatic payment plan set up. I would be happy to help you get that started.

      Once I get more information from ClickPay, just to cover all bases, I will get back to you."

      Delete
  2. Congrats on driving. H and I are both driving again. My knee is better and so is his arm. What a pair we make.
    Something sounds a little fishy about you check. I don't know. And an impartial person to take a look at all condos does not sound unreasonable to me.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...