Thursday, October 8, 2020

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?

This household is taking turns sharing our little lockdown bug.  How is this even possible?  We are not around anyone else.

Fever of 100.3, having saltines and ginger ale.

It's not just our conundrum, the NYT had a great article a few days ago (sent from my sister) "How Are My Kids Still Getting Sick in Lockdown (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/parenting/virus-kids-sick-quarantine-infection.html). It's a long article that explained many reasons.  Our own bodies harbor germs that normally live within our bodies and sometimes end up in the wrong place.  Adults can bring in a germ from going to the bank or the grocery.  Taking hikes has now caused a rise in Lyme disease.

We don't do as much online learning as we could, but they are both making rapid progress in many subjects.  They are both learning life skills as well.  Mr. 6.5 made chocolate chip cookies the other day.  Mom helped him get all of the ingredients and he got out all the measuring utensils.  He knows how to level things and is learning the KitchenAid mixer.  They were delish!  And they get lots of physical exercise as well.


I'm so glad I'm stuck WITH these creatures rather than on my own.   Every day is a new adventure.  One morning they took turns playing Fart Factory (one boy crawls inside a sleeping bag, head towards the foot of the bag, toots, and tries to back out of the bag before death ... all while the other boy is pulling the sleeping bag up and down the hall)

Mr. Almost Ten now knows how to create different games within Roblox.  The only problem is that he has to use my computer as their laptop is too old to update to accommodate most new things.

I do take myself on a drive most every day.  Yesterday the boys were both feeling well so off to Krispy Kreme!








7 comments:

  1. Fart Factory? I guess I'm glad I had only one son?
    and that bring up another question I have always wondered about.
    How can boys/men fart on cue? Whenever they want to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh those Krispy Kremes look great!

    You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure how we bring germs home. Hope everyone is feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a sweet tooth very often. I had one bite of a old fashion plain old glazed. SOOOOOOO sweet

      Delete
  3. betty has left a new comment on your post "HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?":

    Yum on those donuts! Glad everyone seems on the road to recovery. I would think our immune systems are not as healthy as they were before the lock down. I think we were around so many germs that our immune systems kind of battled them courageously we will say because there was so much out there. Now everyone is trying their best to avoid germs and our systems are weakened. That's my theory for what it is worth :)

    Children keep us young I do believe!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right. I'm home most of the time (even preCovid) so that's why I catch every little thing.

      Delete
  4. ha ha! Leave it to boys to invent that kind of a game! The donuts are absolutely the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...