Thursday, May 2, 2019

DEATH DAY

Six years ago today.

It was sad for me but good for him.  No more pain.  No more loss of dignity.  No more radiation.  No more drugs to counteract side effects of other drugs.  No more Hospice (but he actually LOVED Hospice!)

I have a little Mr. Ralph memory corner on the top of the hutch to my desk.  We will go out for dinner to celebrate the best of him.

And I will get to have a little cry for loss of time with him.




When we first started dating ... Wow!  We had hair!!! 
 At one of our favorite Oregon vacation spots ... 
Sunriver Resort.






My first out of the USA trip with him!  A wedding in England ... and it was 104 degrees.

Relaxing in Lahaina, Maui





My first trip to China.  Shenzen.  Always had great fun on these adventures
 
At his 50th College Reunion!





ON the Great Wall of China.  It was so cold and wet and foggy and we couldn't see a thing.  But we did make it.  

Lunch afterward was a tiny hole-in-the wall place with their own fish pond.  Our guide (wife of his sales rep) took us and ordered three of the same kind of fish, prepared three different ways.  AMAZING.  









Our last trip to the beach together, in Maui.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and memories. Sorry I didn't see this post yesterday but you are in my thoughts today instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Time just kinda flies by. I can't believe how quickly those 30 years together went! From poorer to richer, in health and sickness. We did it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful memories. I am a widow too and was married 45 years, as you said, almost all of our adult lives. My church started a new group Widow Friends which I attend, widows understand widows, which is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me when friends ask "aren't you over it by now?" NO! I don't think you "get over" grief. Just move forward with it.

      Delete
    2. How do you resist slapping the stupid out of anyone who asks, "aren't you over it by now?"

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful chronology of your beloved and you. Great times, amazing places.

    Six years is but the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wish I would have accompanied him more. But we had a teenager ....

      Delete
  4. You and Mr. Ralph sure had some awesome adventures!
    Sad that there couldn't have been more happy years. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. And it is NO FUN to travel alone ... for me anyway. Lots of Senior Adults do still travel solo or with a tour. I might try a bus tour ...

      We had SO much fun traveling together. He visited Italy, just 45 minutes from Venice, at least TEN TIMES but never took time to be a tourist. I would only travel with him if we stayed 2 nights in each hotel. Not just airport, taxi, hotel, meeting ... repeat! He had a blast finally!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...