Tuesday, May 14, 2019

TESTING, TESTING, TESTING, TESTING

May is also check up time ... annual exam, ladies exam, eye exam, dermatologist, dental cleaning, etc.  Once you hit 65 WOW is there a lot for my Doc to assess.

He has me fill out a four page form ... am I sad, or lonely, or hurting, worried about forgetfulness.  Then he spent 45 minutes asking the same things 29 different ways!  Do I fall?  Has anyone assessed my home for tripping hazards or other safety hazards (well, yes, except for Legos).  Do I pay my own bills? Can I dress myself.  Do I fall asleep in the middle of the day? (yes, some days, but I do it on purpose!!!)

For the first time ever he listened to my carotid artery.  Checked my feet (yes, I just crossed that damn little line to Type II diabetes).  Checked the whites of my eyes, looked up my nose and retook my BP as it is often high when I arrive and lowers once I'm there (and it was still a little high, 130/80).

Then he thought it was time for an EKG.  Next a bone density test.  Followed by giving three vials of blood and peeing in a cup. 





2 comments:

  1. You got the Medicare Wellness test. Hate all those questions designed to find out if you're too old to be living alone. Can't wait until May is over and I'm past all the health checks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mammogram and colonoscopy. Then I'm done. I think ....

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...