Thursday, May 9, 2019

BIRTH DAY 2019

May 1 is my birthday.  May Day!  Parades and spring flowers, maypole ... mostly for me!  Or at least that's what I pretend.



I got a birthday card from my dentist, my realtor, my insurance agent and a few friends sent actual tangible cards (thanks guys!)  100 posts on Facebook (they make it so easy to send a greeting).  My gorgeous sister always texts and calls to sing Happy Birthday.  And still sends a gift!  She is the world's best birthday rememberer!!!  I don't know how she does it.  Friends, siblings, family, great nieces and nephews.  Dogs.  She is amazing.

Sixty Seven years!  Who would have thunk it?  I feel 49.

My one year old self, with Mom and Dad.

My little family took me on a nature walk right in our neighborhood.  The boys loved showing me their "secret spot", the snag that is still very useful in nature.  The river, the azaleas, the rhododendrons.  I only did 2,000 steps and then they all walked more quickly, went further and still beat me home!

Best of all, my card.  Thought up by Momma and created by Braeden.  With Deacon signing his name AND adding an emoji.





Followed by a great dinner at our favorite local Italian spot.  Accompanied by a glass of Prosecco.

Happiest day so far this year!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great showing of love. Love that card! I have a friend who never forgets birthdays either. She keeps a book. I'm terrible about remembering anyone's including my own.

    But only 67? Why, you're still a baby compared to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Isn't that a cute birthday card? Will you save it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll save it as long as I can .... but I’ll always have the photo!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...