Thursday, May 30, 2019

OLD BIDDY BIDET

As you all know by now, I've had a lot going on in the netherlands of myself. 

Lichen sclerosis for almost a year; which is under control with steroid ointment and coconut oil.  And an every 3 month check up.  After visiting a few "support" sights, gosh I am so lucky to have a mild case!  I unjoined a Facebook Group because of all the horrible stories.  I'll just be sure to be in that humiliating position every three months and hope for the best.

The UTI is STILL not completely gone.  Another Dr appointment tomorrow.  This time with my lady doctor.  I finish round two antibiotics today. Stay tuned on that challenge.  I'm trying to drink ONE GALLON of water a day ... that is sixteen 8 oz glasses!!!  My typical water glass is 16 ounces so ONLY eight of those per day.  I haven't met my four glasses and here it is almost noon.

With all the goings on down under, my kidults talked me into getting a bidet.  From Amazon and Jesse installed it (if you have to use a plumber it was a big job ... took him about four hours and two trips to the hardware store).  This device is amazing!!




It fits beneath the toilet seat and does not need electricity!  It does need to be attached to the hot water ... unless you want to be hard core (and those models are a lot less $$$)  The long lever you move to warmer or cooler (only takes a few uses to find the perfect temperature).  Pull it up and it turns on the water and determines the pressure.  There's a big range but I use very low pressure, so far.

The smaller round control in the back controls where the sprinklers will go. It is clearly marked for the feminine area and you can decide the pressure you want.  Turn further and it is for the rear attack.  You can even set it further but it feels (to me) like you might be reaming another opening!!!  When finished, push the lever down.  Set it to "self clean" and you don't have to be sitting for that chore to be finished.  (I also use self clean before I use it since I share the toilet with everyone ... and some people are just not good aims!)

So far, we are not sharing it with the boys.  No one else has tried it yet either but for me, it is a daily necessity.  Or luxury.  Depending on one's point of view.  Using flushable wipes was too harsh on my body.  Even toilet paper uses toxic chemicals in the production phase.  Although I didn't buy the "air dryer" version (needs electrical outlet), that would definitely be the ultimate.  Instead, I bought two dozen 100% cotton small wash clothes for dabbing dry.  I might just try my blow dryer on low.

Once this UTI is cleared up, I'm excited to see some healthy results!

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Lichen sclerosis, had to google it. Wow, we women sure can get a lot of weird things! Glad you like your new "toy." Used one on vacation once and don't really care to repeat it. If it helps you, that's great and what a nice unson-in-law you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my first experience as well. The more we traveled, the more common they were. It was learn as you go!''

      My Lady Doctor also recommended different soap for that area! We are just sensitive souls!

      Delete
  2. I love the darn things, and have considered just getting a large spray bottle or such that has warm water and using that with soft fabric. But then I used "women's cloth" for almost ten years in order to get rid of cramps (probably way to much information for a comment, so just ignore me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER too much information. We learn from each other!!

      I do not know what "women's cloth" is? Share?

      It might be hard to "aim" with squirt bottle but worth a try! On shower days, I use the handheld shower head to really really clean down under. But I don't want to take a shower every day ... so bidet is helping!!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. That means I used cloth pads because the chemicals in pads and tampons made severe cramping and worse.

      I live in Colo where you rarely need to shower daily and your skin gets dry dry dry so I rely on wipes and washcloths alot each day.

      Delete
    3. OK ... now I get it. Lots of my daughter's friends make cloth pads. So much better for your body and our earth.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...