Thursday, October 11, 2018

REHEARSAL DINNER


Thursday evening of the Wedding Week was the rehearsal dinner.  My Sis and Hubby hosted it at The Modern, a two Michelin-starred, contemporary American restaurant at the Museum of Modern Art.  Wowza!  The whole wedding party (and most of the guests) are Foodies and I, for one, was not disappointed.



We were in the private dining area which was an oasis in itself.  This was not our setting, we had flowers and the tables were staggered and it just felt very intimate.





CANAPÉS (passed and described as serving)

Crispy Arancini with Zucchini, Crescenza-Stracchino and Saffron Aioli

Peekytoe Crab on a Fried Green Tomato


Salmon Tartare with Korean Chili on Crispy Rice


Horseradish Steak Tartare on Potato Gaufrette 


Mini Tarte Flambé with Burrata and Bacon

FOUR-COURSE DINNER MENU
FIRST COURSE

Tuna Crudo Padrón Crema and Shaved Radish



SECOND COURSE

Artichoke in Barigoule White Polenta and Parmesan

CHOICE OF MAIN COURSE
Maine Scallops Fregola and Roasted Sunchokes       
OR
Seared Duck Breast Red Cabbage, Apples and Sauce Meurette

DESSERT
Roasted Pear Almond Tart Chèvre Chantilly and Ginger Ice Cream

SWEETS FOR THE TABLE

Petits Fours

I had to look up most of these preparations or ingredients.  Everything was totally amazing, beautiful and delicious.


Best of all, after toasts and free flowing champagne and wine, was a short video the bride's brother put together.  Lots of photos of each throughout their childhood ... in so similar settings.  (of course, I started tearing up seeing them at birth!).  He found photos of them making the same silly faces.  Then fast forward to six years of dating.  I was blubbering at the end.  Luckily he shared it with my sister so we watched a few more times later in the week.



5 comments:

  1. Wow, are you living in style at the wedding. Lovely tables, menu and setting and of course I'm sure you loved the company you were in. So glad you could go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a once in a lifetime event! I was in utter amazement at every little thing ...

      Delete
  2. Oh, how beautiful the food is. It's art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My! GOSH!!!
    Isn't it sort of odd nowadays, that more than just the parents and the wedding party are invited to the rehearsal dinner? It was that way with my grandson. Seemed almost as many people at rehearsal dinner as the wedding reception.
    Just one question, because I'm an ever curious person, did the bride's parents have to take out a second mortgage for this dinner? YOWZA indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think now the norm is ALL of the out of town guests are invited. But I haven't been to a wedding in 15 years and they are all different ... with different price tags. Bride's family has enormous wealth ... yet you would barely notice. So down to earth!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...