Tuesday, October 30, 2018

I'M DATING AGAIN


Even I can't believe it!  Actually, there are two guys I've been seeing a lot this week, one on one.

On Tuesday after school, Braeden asked if we could have some alone time.  We checked it out with the parental unit and got permission to have a couple of hours.  He had been sick all weekend and had cabin fever.  After a little after school snack, we went on a search for a machete (or other killing device) to finish his Jason costume (from Friday the 13th shows).  UGH!  Boys are really into gore and blood.  It took a long time to choose (not too heavy since he has to carry it all night).  Then thought we should get something for brother for his Army outfit.  Mission accomplished.

Of course, Deacon was home sick on Weds, and he asked if we could have a tea party!  This past summer, I bought a little blue tea set, thinking I could bribe them into some quiet time.  



And he wanted "real" tea ... not milk or juice.  I brewed a cup of throat relief blend, used a tiny funnel and filled the tea pot.  We had miniature Vanilla wafers that he put on a tiny platter along with one piece of bubble gum for each of us and a tiny piece of candy.  We used real cream and I put sugar in the sugar bowl.

It was a delight!  He did the pouring and serving (pretty good for a 4.5 year old!).  We talked about school and what he liked about it.  And did not want to have brubba join us when he got home from school.  He helped me make a snack plate for Braeden so we could continue our party.  (Fortunately, B's friend came over and they went outside to play, so no feelings were hurt in the making of this tea party). I washed the dishes and he put everything back in the little basket.

I just love alone time with EACH of these guys.

There was no school on Friday, and Deacon came in with his froggy little throat, Gramma?  Wanna go on a date with me?  I wasn't even done with with my morning coffee!  Well, of course!

He got out his leather dress shoes and some dress pants and had Dadda get him a "cool" shirt to wear.  He combed his own hair (I wish I had a photo!).  We put on our jackets and he brought an umbrella and said "let's go to the Clubhouse".  Beaming from ear to ear, he unlocked the door (mostly on his own) and went around turning on the lights as well as the gas fireplace.  Our library has a few games and every time I had to take one of them with me for a meeting, the box of dominoes kept them entertained.

So we played dominoes!  Building towers, matching numbers, playing "war" where whoever had the most dots won the battle.

He got to sit in the "big boy" car seat so I could drive through the post office then stop at our Adult Center to drop off some papers.  He came in with me and was the delight of the afternoon.  He shook hands, spoke his name clearly and loved when I told people he was my date.

And he always will be!

6 comments:

  1. Your post title sure got my attention. LOL

    Loved the tea party date. I wish I could do that with the kids in my family the way my mom used to do with her grandkids. I did buy my nieces toy tea sets so they could carry on the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headlines are the best part, huh??? The most fun of the tea party is to watch the boisterous and rambunctious boy be quiet and careful. So sweet!

      Delete
  2. WOW! That title knocked my socks off! Hey--days spent with these two boys and caring for them, will be worth a lot more in the long run than finding some stupid old man you gotta take care of!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to work more on GRAB THE READER headlines!

      I just love when people ask me what I do all day. Today after having my coffee and make Deacon's breakfast, we played a matching game. Then Legos. Next we tried Battleship but he just wanted to push the buttons. Dealing with my whiny tenant. Cleaned off the table to do an art project. Tried to sign in to Medicare (not successful!) and now I have 30 minutes til the big guy comes home. We are going to the library. Then my meditation time!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have this living opportunity! Tonight I made home made chicken nuggets and all kinds of roasted veggies. Get them to try something new!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...