Saturday, October 13, 2018

THE WEDDING

Friday, September 28, 2018 at 5:30 pm (Ralph and my anniversary!)

(The front of invitation that opened like doors to 8.5 x 11 ... 
can't show you the inside to protect their privacy)

I purposely did not bring my iphone tonight.  I didn't want to be distracted trying to take photos of everything and everyone and every fabulous morsel .... I just wanted to enjoy the whole experience.

The day began cool and grey.  It was to be an outdoor wedding.  Guests were shuttled from Manhattan to Tarrytown (about a two hour drive).  Fortunately, they didn't serve alcohol on the bus ride!



At exactly 5:30, the clouds disappeared and the sun came out!  It was a Jewish ceremony with the groom's Dad officiating.  So classic and refined.  And yes, the groom stomped on the glass!  (I still don't know why this happens and why the ceremony takes place in a chuppah)




The ceremony was brief and we were ushered inside (and out) for canapes and Dom Perignon ... and any cocktail or fine wine of your choice.



Two of my brothers (and wives) and a nephew (and wife) drove 10 hours to attend.  It was like a little family reunion.  And we were seated together which was very fun. 

This is the walkway into our dining area ....


(I was seated at the round table on the left of this photo)

I had such fun!  All of the toasts.  One little person on China time fell asleep at her table.  Then the BEST dancing band ever.  Lots of 80's songs and yes, they got me up on the dance floor.  As we left for the evening, some of the Bride's relatives handed out small paper lanterns with a battery powered tea light for the Chinese part of the celebration!  We waved them in figure 8 (Chinese good luck) and each lantern represented our wish for the couple.


Then the newlyweds walked between two long rows of well wishers, she dressed in a beautiful red Chinese gown, handing out candies.

What a wedding!  I'm so glad I got to attend ... and was invited to all the other festivities before and after.

P.S.  As we were boarding the return bus, we were given a beautiful bride-designed box with a bride designed coffee cup filled with a tiny pineapple cake and I can't remember what else.  WOW








3 comments:

  1. What an elegant and special wedding! In my work life I'd heard about/helped with literally thousands of weddings but this sure would be in the top 10 of special attention to details and grace. Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous wedding celebration!!!
    Thanks for taking us along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how much fun this wedding sounds like. I've been to a Jewish wedding, but it's been awhile. It is a lot of fun to be included with friends and family to wish a couple well at the beginning of their lives together.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...