Sunday, November 19, 2017

THANKSGIVING

I am going to enjoy Thursday all by myself.

Kate and family are going to Jesse's mom's house for Thanksgiving Day.  I am always invited but usually decline.  Too many people, one wild, noisy and uncontrollable kid (two weeks younger than Braeden), excessive drinking and the hostess complains the entire time about how much work it is, how much cleaning she had to do, how expensive it is and so on.


A few condo friends have invited me but I'm just not in the mood to be with someone else's family.  Last year was fun (in Maui) as it was just friends without family nearby.  Very easy on me as hostess as everyone brought 1-2 dishes.

I'll gather up my dinner at the best grocer in town, one huge plate of my favorites.  And have a nice bottle of red wine on hand.  

After living alone for a while, and now sharing with four others, it will be a treat to have the condo to myself and a nice little fire going.  I might just lounge all day in my cozy pajamas.  I'll fill the boys Christmas Countdown trees with 24 little gifts (hoping I have enough but will have plenty of time to pick up a few more things if necessary). Hopefully Jesse will bring our Christmas decorations over from storage before then (especially the Christmas dishes). 


We grownups are all looking forward to the Christmas elf!  They move every day and are keeping track of naughty or nice.  This may be the last year Braeden believes ... so this year will be awesome.  The elves (of course we have two!) often get into mischief ....

Now that I've written all this .... maybe I will simply watch cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies and take 14 naps!










6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice plan and I agree, being with someone else's family isn't all that appealing. I got invited over to one of Don's relatives house but I don't particularly like the children who will be there---been in lock down places at 10 and 12. I don't even trust bringing my purse inside when they are around. My niece invited me out and the weather is supposed to be fine for the long driving, so I'm going there. Going to see a new baby which is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New babies trump (sorry) everything! FUN! So glad the weather is cooperating.

      Delete
  2. Strange old ladies that we've become--when we'd rather be alone with peace and quiet. That's my Christmas Day every year--and I do love it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we can celebrate any day! And all days. And always with peace and quiet!!

      Delete
  3. Your own private Thanksgiving sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Bella Rum! I am also locked out of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...