Friday, November 10, 2017

THE GOOD, THE BAD and the NAUGHTY

These two boys.

Every day I laugh.  Often my eyes tear up.  This is an amazing relationship that could only happen with intergenerational living.  I'm so lucky ... and thankful.

I get to see and hear the little day to day stuff.  And believe me, I still miss out on a lot!  Conversations when I am not around ... scenarios while they are out with Mom and Dad.

Yesterday Mr. 3.75 caught a wicked cold.  He got up early while Mr. 7 (he now says "almost 8" if you ask how old he is ... Oct 28 birthday) was getting ready for school.  Usually, Mr. 7 is NOT happy to share his Gramma time but knowing Mr. D wasn't feeling so hot, he became the best big brother ever.  He kindly asked little guy if he wanted to come in the bathroom with him while he got ready.  He let him brush his own teeth and comb his own hair (think hair gel ... about once a week Mr. 7 adds a bit of pizazz to his style).  He brought him out to show me and said "Gramma, I think he is ready for preschool now ... look at what a good job he did".  Little man beamed.  Then went to lay on the sofa.

When it was time for me to take Mr. B to school, he went over to the sofa and gave Mr. D the biggest best hug ever.  And then a high five.  I love you and hope you have a good day.  I'll be home before you know it.  (Teary eyes here).

Today was no school and very rainy, so we mostly stayed inside to play.  They played together for quite a while and then played totally separate for quite a while.  And then when I was in the kitchen I hear a VERY noisy Mr. D ... sounded like he was dragging furniture down the hall.  I peered around the corner ....

He was sitting in a Playskool chair, making it go down the hall while very loudly saying "stop it brovver"  "you're hurting me, brovver!" "don't kill me" then fell over with a big plop like a dead body.  Exorcist style playing.  Big brother was in a totally different room.  Dad came flying out to investigate what Mr. B was up to ... but I explained what I saw with my own two eyes!  Where does he get these ideas???  


Mom and Dad know to listen to both boys when one is screaming.  I rush out from my room occasionally because the parents allow them a certain amount of time to work out their own things ... and sometimes it seems too long to me!  I'm very thankful we live downstairs.  And that these condos were built back in the day they are pretty sound proof.  Did I mention Wrestlemania every night on the King bed?  Right before bedtime ...

I hope these little guys remain great friends.






6 comments:

  1. I was just saying to my DIL the other day that I hope my grands will remain close when adults. They are such a neat little group now. It's hard to explain, but their little group - when they are all together and involved in something - has a magnetism or personality all its own. You can feel the closeness. It's great when they aren't trying to kill each other. :)

    You are so lucky to be a close part of your grand's lives. They are lucky to have you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they stay close also. The six of us are not nearly as close since my parents are gone. Honestly, if the two girls didn't do group emails asking questions and planning an annual get together ... we may not hear from ANY of the four brothers!

      Delete
  2. What a blessing you are to your daughter's family and them to you. They are keeping you young and out of trouble. LOL How is your knee coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Front row seats to the best entertainment in the universe. It is a blessing to be able to do this!

      Knees are both just right ... although the boys think I should go see the Dr because I still don't RUN

      Delete
  3. This is such a blessing to you and to them. They will remember all their lives about when Gramma lived with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly to me. Maybe when they are 40 they will have fond memories!!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...