Wednesday, October 14, 2015

HIBERNATION

Lately, I feel like I can sleep 15 hours a day ... if I take a little nap!

But I embrace this temporary feeling.  I love that it's dark earlier and there is a nip in the air at night.  And I have always enjoyed sleeping.  Lately, though, I have had insomnia!  Can't seem to fall asleep until after 3:00 am.  I'm so glad I do not have to go to work nor do I have ANYTHING on my calendar (except for physical therapy).  Don't know how people do that if they don't get their sleep.  And I have several friends who are still employed at our age.

I have been walking 3,000 steps a day (thank you FitBit) hoping that exercise will help me get to sleep.  After therapy tomorrow, I will see if it's okay to walk more.  He wanted to build up the muscles around the knee before much walking.  Hibernation is not so good for my new knee.  The whole area is now a big bruise and I'm slathering coconut oil and Vitamin E oil on it to help things heal.

The best thing about hibernation?  I get to fly to Maui in five weeks and we don't have time changes or nippy weather (usually) and it gets dark at almost the same time every day of the year.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're getting a first class seat on the flight to Maui. Those other seats would be hard on your knee.

    You are doing great with your recovery. Don't worry about sleeping 15 hours. Your body is still in recovery mode and sleep is needed for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! I didn't think about going First Class ... good idea. This sleeping thing is good for my whole body. I STILL have a touch of that stomach thing. SOOOOO tired of that!

      Delete
  2. I understand. I'd like to sleep 15 hours or even 12, but too long in bed actually makes my back/neck/hips ache. So when the ache wakes me up, I get out of bed--usually 9 hours, which seems to be my sleep need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I put a 3" foam topper on my bed, I no longer wake up with sore spots. It used to be my hips. I thinking about getting one for the King bed in Maui .... will need to save up for that!

      Delete
  3. YoBit enables you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

    You can click claim as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...