Monday, October 12, 2015

CATSUP or KETCHUP?

Well, apparently I wasn't 100% better from the stomach bug ... I guess it is playing hide and seek with me.

But I had advised Jesse he could have the day off from kitchen duty on Sunday!  I made tiny silver dollar size pancakes for breakfast!  And cut up some fruit.  All three boys ate like lumberjacks.

Before I started breakfast, I put the most beautiful chuck roast in the crockpot to simmer all day.  An hour or two before eating, I tossed in carrots and onions from the Farmer's Market along with some celery.  The grande special of the day ... twice baked potatoes.  And a nice green salad.


Both grandboys loved the potatoes but would not even try the beef!  Braeden got himself so worked up that he was crying, which made me cry, which worried Deacon ... just as Mom walked through the door after working all day.  Dad tried explaining it was steak, he'd eaten chuck roast before, and tried hiding some in potato, all to no avail.  So he got out a new plate, wiped off ALL the juice on a bit of the roast, put the carrot on the side (after wiping off the sauce) and added a bit of salad on the side.

With a nice dollop of catsup beside a nice dollop of ranch dressing, Mr. B heartily ate all of his meat after a good dunking in the red stuff.  Mom fixed Deacon some toddler ravioli.


Now I remember why kids love those divided plates.  With a nice spot for ketchup.

1 comment:

  1. I'd cry too. I love a roast in a crock pot. Sorry you still have the bug.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...