Sunday, August 2, 2015

IMPATIENT

I was hoping I would gain more patience as I aged.  But I think maybe the opposite is happening.  Or maybe I should have remembered how little gets done by COMMITTEE.


The Village group here in Portland is having a potluck at my Clubhouse on Sunday, August 16.  No one has sent out an email invite.  Yeh, it's posted on our Facebook Page and is on the Mother Ship's website (we still don't have one) but really?  It's just two weeks away!  I volunteered to do one about two weeks ago.  No response.  I volunteered AGAIN, I even learned how to use MailChimp and made it eye catching ... they will send one out on Monday.  IMPATIENT!

I am so impatient with this group that honestly, all I do now is keep the Facebook page going.  (Please go "like" Three Rivers Village Facebook page ... brings my numbers UP).  

The HOA in Maui is still under the sole control of the developer.  Which makes it so EASY to update our ByLaws to put them in plain English, not have one page contradict the other page and clarify a few vague principles (like "a reasonable number of domestic pets" which allows the Crazy Cat Lady to have 42)(I'm thinking five is a lot more reasonable).  All changes we make do not have to be approved by 80% of the Owners .. the Developer has a magic wand.

Our next annual Meeting is in March 2016 ... and I think we should be going through these 86 pages NOW and get them approved BEFORE the meeting.  Well, says the Chair, we hope to start that soon.  We have been hearing this since last March.  IMPATIENT.

At my Portland condo we ARE updating our House Rules.  Three of us have met for six hours to work on changes.  One important, stand alone document, is Policies and Procedures for Clubhouse Use.  We've had someone allow their 16 year olds to have a mixed slumber party in one room.  We require an insurance rider if alcohol will be served, but no amount has been specified and the riders rarely get checked.  In fact, on of the Board members serves alcohol and refuses to call her insurance agent to get the rider!  It's $5 a year with American Family!!!  (One positive note ... since I do have one, I get invited to a lot of parties so we can use mine!)  IMPATIENT.

Still waiting for one of the parents here to get a job!  IMPATIENT.



6 comments:

  1. That's why I'm staying away from committee work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is that you are overly impatient. You just expect people to do what they say they are gonna do! You expect clubhouse rules to be upheld--why have them if they are not? 42 cats? Even 5 is unreasonable to me. Two should be plenty for one person! In this park, we have to pay $10.00 a month for each animal we have. (Except inside cats. ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think ALL pets should be indoor pets ... on leash when outdoors. As long as they aren't pooping or spraying in my house or destroying landscaping .... she can have 1,000 pets!!!!

      Delete
  3. You are more tolerate than I would be about 27 cats. I'm with Judy, two cats are enough for any house...unless you have a barn and need some good old barn cats to keep the mice in check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spent over a year contacting Humane Society, Cat groups, and County Departments ... nothing could be done. Everyone here is AFRAID of the cat people ... they have BIG MONEY.

      But really ... in a neighborhood subdivision?

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...