Friday, May 1, 2015

BIRTHDAYS and DEATHDAY

This morning I finished my 63rd year here on planet earth.  I turned 63!

It is so nice to have my sister and her hubs here to celebrate.  The birthday spoiling began the moment they landed, I have to say!  With a bottle of champagne!  From there ... Janet has taken over the kitchen and Jonathan took over the grill.  I should have kept a food diary.  That's how tasty EVERYTHING has been.  They don't even let me do the dishes!

It's so nice to have my insurance agent, the financial planner and probably my dentist also wish me happy birthday.  Even Google wished me happy birthday!



This morning we headed to the slow cold drip iced coffee place with gourmet donuts.  At 9am we all three had relaxing pedicures.  Followed by breakfast and now we are sitting on the back lanai watching a big dark rain cloud head our way!  We don't even care.

Tonight we head for a sunset in Lahaina followed by a very nice dinner and I may wear my black patent leather flip flops.  Undecided if I should get that fancy.  Maui is sooooo laid back.  I usually just add jewelry or a scarf to look dressy.  One of the BEST things about having Janet here is that she does all the driving ... so I can be a swivel neck tourist.  The drive to Lahaina is 45-60 minutes (almost a day trip to me these days!).  The drive around Haleakala to Hana and beyond was about 12 hours with a million stops.  

Am I spoiled or what!

Tomorrow is the deathday for Mr. Ralph.  Two years.  Already.  Scotch and a few tears for sure!


7 comments:

  1. Gee, do you think you could get Janet and Jonathan to rent out their pampering skills? What a wonderful gift they gave you for your birthday and sadiversary week. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing day. Even took time to nap! And I would NEVER rent them out ... I love the pampering!!!!

      Delete
  2. I put a comment earlier, but I see it has disappeared. I think it was rather inconsiderate of Mr. Ralph to leave the day after your birthday. Hope you take that as a joke. My friends were always telling me, "How inconsiderate of Fred to die on new year's day. Not a good start to the year!" As if they had a choice? Anyway--63? You are such a youngster. I didn't even meet Fred until I was 65.5! You gotta whole lotta time to have a whole 'nother life ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF we did NOT have a sense of humor ... we would never survive! Today I took down his Facebook page. And as we know, we will never FORGET the day and time ...holiday or not. Right??????

      Delete
  3. Ya, I wish I was 63 again. My dad died on Christmas, my mother on Easter. I was glad Don picked something other than a holiday to make his finally departure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm behind, but catching up. Happy belated birthday. I'm a May baby, too. So nice to have your sister there with you. I love it when someone cooks for me.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...