Monday, May 11, 2015

GETTING IT ALL DONE

Things are getting down to the wire here.  This house is pretty minimalist so there is not too much to do before my friends arrive for their six month vacation.  Leilani and Gary are free to move anything to suit their style of living.  Outside there is plenty of room ... four chairs with small tables between pairs for coffee in the morning.  A large dining table with six chairs.  A bar height table with four bar stools.  Two lounge chairs and a table near the shower (for air drying!)  

Not much closet space but I know Gary can live out of a suitcase so the beautiful Leilani can have the closet!  


I have so many goodbyes to say.  So I decided to host a couple of gatherings.  On Thursday we are having a Salad Supper (potluck) and I was so hoping to enjoy the lanai ... but it is WINDY so I have to prepare both inside AND out.  No easy task because I can't hose everything off until the day of ... and I can't set up until the hour of.  Just 6 or 7 of us, I think.

Friday night it's desserts and sparkling wine.  Same scenario with timing (and I hate last minute duties) but I can use the same decor from the night before.  Fortunately everyone here is very casual so what the heck!

Unfortunately, my kneesles are very severe the past several days.  Now my hip hurts from hobbling.  I can't even imagine moving the furniture around.  I'll just do the best I can and it will be what it is!  It's the camaraderie that is what's important.

6 comments:

  1. You're getting in the home stretch to moving back to Oregon. Have fun at your going away parties. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house sitting friends finally arrived late last night! I've decided on a tiny suitcase. Laundry is done while I binge on Lifetime movies. Five dogs from Humane Society are tagging along to Portland. I'm ready!

      Delete
  2. I love your chart!! Looks just like my life--at least the last 30 years of it. Get back here so you can have summer fun with the grand kiddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while, I use a large sheet of paper to make my to do list. THEN ... I write in all the OTHER things I do that weren't even on the list.

      I feel better looking at the real list at the end of the day!

      Delete
  3. Perfectionism is the enemy of camaraderie, isn't it? So sorry your knees are aching. That alone would give me an excuse to sit any party out, but you're a different breed. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO Fun! And another party the next night and the weather cooperated! Said most of my goodbyes for now ... back soon!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...