Sunday, November 29, 2020

TINY HOUSE MOVE IN

It's after 10:30 am on Sunday and EVERYONE else is still sleeping!  I really love having an hour of coffee and quiet.  But two hours???

My niece is moving from a rental house with four roommates (who are NOT Covid safe) into her Tiny Home about 30 minutes in the opposite direction.  It will be so fun to carefully add her to our Pod.  She is looking to buy a house with a big back yard closer to where she works (maybe some day, in person!). She can then choose to live in Tiny or rent her out.  The parents of the former owners of the Tiny House are renting the space (and utilities) to her to give her a few more months.  She has been outbid on at least 5 homes!

We loaned her our minivan today so that she may only have to do 3-4 trips.  We will also store her desk in our storage unit until she needs it.  She wouldn't let us help her because of the wicked room mates.  Not that I would have been much help!!

She's very active and outdoorsy (as are my kidults) and after two weeks of outdoor walks or whatever, we can have her inside.  She is going to share some of her sourdough starter and the cousins will be making bread and/or pizza once a week.  Tahlia is vegetarian and tries many ethnic dishes so I hope to be invited over to the Tiny once in a while (not sure my family would even TRY these dishes)

Her eating habits now are very interesting!  When she was little, she had a VERY VERY limited palate.  Macaroni and cheese.  Cheese tortellini.  Cheese sandwiches.  Vanilla yogurt.  And catsup!  My sister would never purchase catsup so for her birthday I would also send her a bottle!  I think that may be her housewarming gift!!!

Although she may decide I'm too dangerous to be around.  I gave her some of our turkey day leftovers ... totally forgetting her nut allergy ... and the best sweet potatoes in the world had pecans!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally fascinated by people who can downsize enough to live in a tiny house. Most of them are smaller than the RV we used to travel in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also admire those who can downsize that much, not sure I could get there. Not the stuff so much the space, I think?I could live in my own large master suite with a relative (my personal plan) because the outdoor and the other spaces would be there even if I used them rarely. I am loving my quiet all day, most days

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...