Sunday, November 15, 2020

FOR THE LOVE OF EATING

One of the best things living with others is sharing the cooking (and dishes).  Jesse and Kate do most of the cooking and they are always trying something new.

Kate made cheese fondue for dinner followed by chocolate fondue!  I forgot to take photos until the platters were almost empty:

The main course was bread, turkey, ham, broccoli, carrots and potatoes


  Dessert was white chocolate and milk chocolate ... with cubes of pound cake, apples, strawberries, bananas and marshmallows.

We no longer have a fondue pot, so she used the crockpot with hot water.  The cheese fondue was in a casserole dish that just fit in.  Chocolates were in two different mason jars in hot water as well.

Fun was had by all ...

We had some leftover rotisserie chicken on a day the parents wanted to get groceries and prescriptions.  I asked if the boys could stay home (I ALWAYS have to ask ... they only ask me if it's an adult-only thing like a class reunion or wedding ... all of which there have been none for many months!).  I made the boys a fancy lunch and asked if they would walk the dog if I did the dishes.  Chicken Pot Pie!  Something the boys had never had (biscuits on top instead of a crust).  I started on the lightly browned mirepoix, added bone broth and then the cut up chicken.  It simmered all day!  When the parents got home, I thickened the stew and made Bisquick biscuits.  Well received by all.

The boys did a deep clean on the dining table, dusted all the living room surfaces then got to play some screen time.  I did a load of laundry, changed my sheets and made my bed then we all snuggled in to play on our computers.  Deacon asked for a relaxing bath so I lit candles, let him choose a bath bomb I keep a supply in my room ... with little toys in the middle), turned the heater on and let him prune in up.  When he was finished, I ran the dishwasher and asked them to play something that didn't use a device.  Legos it was.

Jesse is doing spareribs in the crockpot tonight with coleslaw and homemade french fries.

I better go out and make some brownies for dessert!




2 comments:

  1. It's a huge benefit to be living with others who like to cook. I envy that in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative with the fondue!! Looked like it was yummy too!! Thankful hubby likes to cook and is good with it. He passes before me, I might end up just with TV dinners or fast food. We made spareribs in the crock pot once, very tasty!! Enjoy all the good eats at your home :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...