Thursday, November 12, 2020

COVID19

 An article from the NYT has put me in a somber mood.

Oregon has already edicted a two week "pause" because of rising new cases ...  on social activities, groups no larger than six, restaurant and bars to reduce customers to half, and so on.  Of course our Holidays are going to be very different this year.  I am hopeful that Biden's team will be a big help to all of us.  We are all weary of being stuck at home.

Oregon's Governor has put Portland and surrounding area on a "Covid Pause"  

  • Urging all businesses to mandate work from home to the greatest extent possible.
  • Pausing long-term care facility visits to protect staff and residents.
  • Reducing maximum restaurant capacity to 50 people (including customers and staff) for indoor dining, with a maximum party size of six. Continuing to encourage outdoor dining and take out.
  • Reducing other indoor activity maximum capacity to 50 people (for example: gyms, fitness organizations/studios, bowling alleys, ice rinks, indoor sports, pools, museums).
  • Limiting social gatherings to your household, or no more than six people if the gathering includes those from outside your household, reducing the frequency of those social gatherings (significantly in a two-week period), and keeping the same six people in your social gathering circle.

“We all must continue to do our part to stop this virus from spreading, particularly limiting our social gatherings and interactions, or we risk further closures and restrictions," Gov. Brown said in an email Monday.

I continue to be surprised by neighbors and acquaintances who are not being careful and get mad when stores ask them to wear a mask.  Crazy upstairs neighbor texted she was bored.  I said yes, this Covid lockdown is very wearisome.  She replied "We r ignoring it"  Ugh.

I stepped down from WLLO volunteer work yesterday.  It's been bothering me for a few months.  Then came the straw that broke the camels back.  It must be me.  My daughter said "Mom? Why are you doing all of this work if it doesn't make you happy?"  Yup.  I wasn't happy working with some of the personalities.  Now!  What to do with all of THAT time??

This year we will need to make the holidays and especially Christmas more cheerful.  I spent my morning doing Christmas shopping online ... personalized ornaments for this family, stocking stuffers, small toys to put in their countdown calendars, helping the boys make their lists.  I will make time to let the boys bake and decorate cookies (as I will assist and clean up!).

We can do this!




2 comments:

  1. The people who are ignoring Covid-19 rules during lock downs are keeping it going. I don't get those kinds of people and I can't see how Biden can change that when so many people still think it's all a hoax or like getting a bad cold.

    I think your daughter was right to encourage you to drop out of volunteering at WILLO if it's not making you happy. Maybe there is a new hobby you could teach yourself (or re-discover) over the winter? Sewing, knitting, painting, writing your family history or your memoir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOO many people scoffing it off. We are again being more strict. Most neighbors are NOT ... the crazy girlfriend above us says "we r ignoring it". Another neighbor went into a NEWLY opened store (first day) and was taken aback when they let her know she must wear a mask or wait outside for her husband.

      I have no hobbies! Cooking. Mainly the computer is my media for my art. I do have a million (boring) projects to do ... scan in old photos. Add photos to family history Judy did for me. Make a photo book for each boy for Christmas.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...