Thursday, November 5, 2020

NO FIRM ELECTION RESULTS

It's Wednesday afternoon and it's leaning towards Blue from my sources.  I bet it will take WEEKS for Donald to accept reality.  So far, no riots in Portland.

Oregon continues to have more cases of Covid than ever before.  I think people are so tired of it, they are just not being cautious.  Except me.  I bought a gallon of hand sanitizer to do our refills.  There are two mini hand sanitizers in each car.  And a container of Clorox Wipes.  

I'll be having Stouffer's microwave turkey dinner ( ... or I might order in the smallest dinner from Whole Foods or wherever)(I just looked online and WOW ... great menu options and even the Vegan for Two dinner sounds delish).  Family is going to Jesse's side of the family but I graciously declined.  I'm kinda glad I have an excuse now ... I RARELY attend (although always invited).  Too much drinking going on.  Then the arguing starts.

One of our WLLO members has taken a turn for the worse.  She had a heart issue and went to the hospital a week ago.  Doctors said a pacemaker would fix her right up (she's 89).  Now she is heading home with Hospice.  WLLO is going through another growing pain.  One of the busiest volunteers is standing down.  She is now doing a lot for her inlaws, including making meals 3 times a week.  But the main reason is she doesn't like the Village restrictions on what she does with some members.  She is head of Transportation and HER rules during Covid is the member sits in the back passenger seat, with mask, windows cracked.  Yet SHE would let members sit in front with her.  When other drivers said no ... our rules say you must sit in back, well just imagine a five year old.  She also loved doing little extra things and drives but didn't run them through the Village software so we can record and use all the Volunteer hours to apply for Grants.

Just heard from the Kidults that Jesse's sister-in-law's family (BIG Vietnamese family) have had several members come down with Covid.  Now Thanksgiving is up in the air.  I just finished making a date to share the Vegan Thanksgiving meal with my favorite (vegetarian) niece who is now back in Portland.  Her four roommates are NOT Covid safe at all.  She spent two months back in Kentucky with her parents because they wanted to start having people fly in, no isolation, and let them in the house. She waited til two weeks had passed from last set of visitors and drove back to Portland ... and now they want to have a big Thanksgiving celebration with friends.  All the while SHE is paying rent.  Poor kid.

Stay tuned!



 

5 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is going to be strange for a lot of people. Covid-19 is our new reality for a year or two. I'm afraid too many people will ignore it and spread the virus fast by the new year.

    I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to Jesse's family. You are with your family/housemates all the time so a little alone time would be welcome.

    I hate it when some people don't think rules apply to them. Anything group that depends on volunteers has a lot of ups and downs and crazy complications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND ... the Chair has NOT shared this information with the rest of the council. I've spilled the beans because I didn't realize it was "need to know" basis. WHY keep it a secret? We are a team!?????

      Delete
  2. That doesn't sound very fair to your niece. People have different ideas of how to do this COVID thing. I'm one who errs on the side of caution. I do not want to get it or give it to anyone.
    I fear DT will drag us through a lot before he accepts defeat... if he ever does. Of course, I know it isn't over yet. I'll never again count my chickens before the eggs hatch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am part of an email group of women from across the country. One lady close to Portland mentioned the National Guard was being called into Portland. Wonder if it was a precaution.

    It is amazing how this virus works. We have been basically doing our same routine and by the grace of God we still are healthy. So I don't get it. Of course we wear the masks and wash our hands to extreme dryness but we pretty much go out and about ad lib. So I just don't know.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...