Thursday, November 19, 2020

WATCHING TV

Without all my WLLO commitments, I have a LOT of time on my hands.  It's luxurious!  

I check my calendar before going to sleep and SMILE that there is nothing on it.  I spend more time with the littles (until my ears are exhausted) and always learn something new.  Did you know Eleanor Roosevelt did as much good as her husband who was President?  And she was OLDER than me when she died.  (From the First Grade guy).

Now I am changing up our live stream entertainment.  We don't have TV, per se.  Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.  And Hulu. Now I'm trying different services for a week at a time.  First up (for the Holidays), The Hallmark Channel.  Unfortunately it is not "on demand" and you know retired people can't possible plan their day around WHEN a great Christmas movie is on.  It will retire next week.

HBO Max is going all out to get customers!  I signed up for a free week but now get to cancel as it will be included with Amazon Prime.  I love historical period series and BBC crime shows. I cancelled Masterpiece Theater and created a BritBox account.  Again, one week for free. 

Unfortunately, our TV is too old to stream some of these newer selections.  The set wants everything to run through Amazon Fire Stick (which is old) and isn't very cooperative at times.  I've been asking about getting a new TV (I think it's at least 15 years old, probably 20). That will be our pandemic present to ourselves.  So, I'm not really SAVING any money here ... just rearranging it!


6 comments:

  1. I will need to get a new TV too, and then take a crash course on how to find stuff and the various services. I know zero about any of that stuff. But I'll be leaving cable behind when I move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE commercials and I like watching episodes without waiting a week. Streaming is for me. If you already have Amazon Prime, you get a lot of free movies and TV series. And Netflix is excellent as well. You will have the luxury of trying each of them for free (for a week or a month) and then choose. Picking the TV will take the most research!

      Delete
  2. Having a puppy has severely reduced our TV watching of anything. We ditched cable 3 years ago and haven't missed it. Got Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'm still trying to find the time to finish the final season on 13 Reasons Why on Netflix and then I'll probably dump it. Hubby used to watch a movie on Friday night from Amazon Prime but puppy keeps us busy lol. Might be a good thing :)

    Getting a new TV is a great present for all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've definitely been watching more TV than usual. We've given Netflix and Amazon Prime a real workout.
    Glad the little ones are teaching you a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE gave ourselves a new smart tv for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...