Sunday, March 29, 2020

THE GOOD IN PEOPLE

I am awed at how many corporations are stepping up to help people stuck at home.

Audible has FREE books to listen to.

Verizon just gave each phone number 15 extra GB of data.

Comcast/Xfinity has opened up hot spots for wi fi.

Yale is offering FREE classes (not for credit)

Google is offering G Suite customers free access to their advanced Meet features. Customers can host meetings with up to 250 participants, live stream to up to 100,000 viewers, and record and save meetings to Google Drive until July 1. 

For the more cultured readers:


And so many home teaching sites.

Our local police are delivering prescriptions.

Kanopy: If you have a library card, you can access tens of thousands of films and videos for free through Kanopy.  (5 per month at this point in time)


Rosetta Stone: Students get free access to courses on Rosetta Stone for three months as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. It’s one of the best ways to learn a language, and quarantine could mean more free time to study.

And leave it to Google to offer even more arts and culture!  https://artsandculture.google.com/

SHARE some of your favorite freebies!

3 comments:

  1. It really does give us all a warm virtual hug to hear about so many small and large companies doing their part to make this crisis more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any freebies to share but saving these ones you did share! I heard lots of museums and the like are setting up virtual tours for people to visit during this time. Its so refreshing to see people helping others the best they can during this time! If the situation presents itself I resolved to try to do qt least one random act of kindness weekly during this time for someone I do not know.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there are many people helping. And there are SO many ways to self entertain..and even communicate online that I have yet to even toucht he surface.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...