Thursday, April 2, 2020

DRIVING THROUGH EUROPE

My first overseas trip with Mr. Ralph was in 2006, starting with the wedding of his regional sales manager, in England.


Ian and Gilly.



Bangers and mash followed by Strawberries and Devonshire cream.



As you might guess, the air travels and meet ups at airports was screwed up due to a plane on fire at the airport where we were supposed to land.  Other work mates were driving or flying in from other places.
The first night we had fish and chips at an authentic pub ~ 100+ years continually running.  It was delicious and just as I envisioned ... served on paper with vinegar!

The buildings are so old!  Our hotel had doorways that even I had to duck into.

 






After a weekend of fun, we went visiting customers for the next two weeks!

10 comments:

  1. Memory Lane is a great place to visit from time to time, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is fun. So glad I got to go with him internationally ... all I had to pay was my airfare. And shopping!

      Delete
  2. Now that was a destination wedding. Must have been a bit scary to know a plane was on fire while you were still in one. Interesting about the doorways. Guess we were a shorter species when they were built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People were much shorter, for sure. It was just amazing how much had been preserved. Historic weekend to just walk around!

      Delete
  3. What a delightful trip that you had! Thanks for sharing it with us. I am sure I will never visit the area since I do not like flying.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no longer fly either. How did I manage those 12-15 hour trips!??? Oh youth!

      Delete
  4. I miss England sometimes, it's been a long time since we were Stationed there... I'm sure much has changed and yet much is likely the same and has continuity. I Loved all the Old Buildings and Rich History and of coarse got to see our Welsh Relatives since Mom was a G.I. Bride... it was Fun to have her take us thru her Village and put places with the Stories and Faces with the Names we'd heard all of our Lives. I Love that pix in the Archway with the Blood Red Rosees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved every city we visited. Previously, Mr. Ralph would visit a customer, then off to another city. He called on a customer at least ten times (30 minutes from Venice) and never once visited Venice. My request was to stay 2 nights at each destination. Some nights we didn't arrive at hotel until 11pm, and that counted as a night!

      Delete
  5. You certainly have had an adventurous and fun filled life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have traveled with him earlier! Now my travels are road trips in the USA .... once the quarantine is lifted!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...