Tuesday, September 3, 2019

YOU GOTTA WEAR A HAT!

Did you ever have one of those days when everything was going great?  I recently had one that was so amazing.  It lasted all day!

I recently switched to cold brew coffee and that morning, there was only a tablespoon left.  UGH!  So I drove my lazy self (it's only about 4 blocks away) over to Starbucks.  The man who held open the door for me surprised me with a compliment "gosh you look cheerful this morning".  Well, huh!  I think it was my hat!

When I went to order my $3.00 drink (don't worry, I share it with Kate so I don't feel as guilty), turns out it was a free drink drink as my card had accumulated enough points!  Score!

I went about my few errands and continued to get compliments... honestly, I really do think it is the hat!  Many of you know I am Madam Monochrome.  I was wearing my turquoise Fresh Produce tropical sweats (capris and v neck t-shirt) with matching flip flops.  One young lady said "you look so good in that color".  

Last and best of all, as I was walking around the condo complex, a neighbor asked if I had been losing weight.  No.  Not at all!!! But I just said "thank you for noticing"!!!


6 comments:

  1. That color does look amazon on you! And wearing a hat and scarf framed your face so people were seeing the smile that's probably there most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel happy in that color too! My muumuu is a shade darker ... may wear that today! It also helps when I put on a bit of makeup. When I don't I look 2,836 years old....

      Delete
  2. Turquoise is a color that looks good on you. I agree... it's the addition of the cute hat that had people notice you and compliment you. I can't remember the last time that I saw anyone wearing a pretty hat. Caps and sun hats yes, I see a lot but pretty hats, not really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I have a few friends who have lost their hair and wear hats. One has her hair back and she continues to wear beautiful hats! So beautiful because it does draw attention to you face.

      Delete
  3. Its a beautiful colored hat and you wear it marvelously! May a day like that one happen again and again and again!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...