Thursday, September 12, 2019

MIND BLOWN!

Tuesday was the first weekly newsletter from Montessori school.  It's about 15 pages long!  It is so professional and very interactive.  If they are talking about the upcoming Fall Festival, you can simply click to the full article about it AND click to simply add it to your calendar!  Being the tech geek that I am, I am beyond impressed!!!!

Montessori is definitely a family affair!  Tonight we are going to "back to school" night to meet the teachers and other parents in each boy's room.  Deacon (5.5) is in the Butterfly Room (Kindergarten) with guide Carolann, who has been teaching there for 17 years.   Braeden is in the Cammasia Room with a male guide Robert who has been there for 20 years.  This room is a blended age group, with 9 new students this year.

There seems to be a family oriented event every week.  Several times a year it is grownups only with babysitting provided.   So many volunteer opportunities and I'm going to find out if I can volunteer to help with the family requirement.

The commute seems to be working pretty well.  The school has a one way street on each side, so in the morning you go on one side, with one lane for kids who just hop out and the other lane is for those who move a little slower.  For pick up it is on the other side of the school with the same fast/slow lanes.  Kidults are doing the slow lane for now so no one has to rush.

The school is very GREEN so lunches are packed in reusable tupperware containers or bento box style plastic containers.  Parents are having to be creative with the packing.  Deacon is our very picky eater.  Braeden will eat most things but wants to "fit in" and not eat a hard boiled egg if he's never seen anyone else have one.  And so on.  

How did MY Mom do this for 4 or 5 or 6 of us?  And she knew I didn't like ham or mayo but loved turkey or egg salad. I'd rather have chips than dessert.  Mostly packed in wax paper.  Those were the days.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I do remember waxed paper! Seems like a great school they are going to! Drop off and pick up always seems to be a nightmare, but it seems like they got it covered to make it flow easier! Moms have a way of remembering what their kids like, LOL. I know of course what son likes/dislikes, but also what his wife likes/dislikes and the grands as well. How we get a meal on the table that includes everyone's likes and none of their dislikes is a miracle to me!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time finding wax paper recently!

      And now there are not only likes/dislikes ... allergies, lifestyle choices like vegan, etc.!

      Good for my brain, I guess.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a charter school, a nice one. The ones around here not only have lots of volunteer opportunities, parents are required x-number of hours of volunteering per month or pay to have others take their time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a private school! Just happens to be nonprofit. Yes, this family has to volunteer 15 hours per year. OR pay $400.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...