Thursday, February 18, 2016

NATIONAL DRINK WINE DAY

This is one day I think I can get behind.  Lindee and John are here and I think will be willing to celebrate with me!!  I will go out and buy a special (over $10) bottle today.


We have been having such an easy time living together.  Who knew?  And we have been put to the test of togetherness.  Maui has had three days of wild wind ... so bad we haven't enjoyed our coffee outside in the morning.  A neighbor's 8' palm tree was uprooted.  A giant tree at one of Kihei's popular beaches blew over.  We didn't go out much.

In addition, Lindee's playmate has a wicked little toe ... we think it is bursitis.  Red, warm and throbbing.  He is not able to walk much (icing, elevating, Aleve and even an Epsom salt soak every night) and I don't walk well (bad knee is bad) and poor Lindee has been stuck at home with us.  We are perfectly content on computers (I just finished the Maui HOA newsletter).  We started watching X-files (another many month Netflix binge for me!) but Lindee is a busy bee.

Today the winds are back to normal and we will probably head to the beach. John is going to Oahu for the weekend to visit his only kidlet.  Lindee and I will have some girl time as the kids just spent last weekend over here.  I'm not much of a shopper but I am on the lookout for a silver chain for the pendants the kids gave me for Christmas ... a "B" and a "D" cut through silver oval.

For sure we will head to the Saturday morning swap meet ... four hours of crafts and local produce and it was the only place Lindee found papayas ... and at an affordable price.  We will have fun and I promise to take her to the beach both days.  It sounds like John is leaving at 4pm Friday and returning at noon on Sunday.  Surely she can put up with me that long!!!


The bad news?  They depart on Tuesday!  And my guests for March just called to postpone as Gary needs to have emergency neck surgery.  Life is about to get lonely.

Right after NATIONAL DRINK WINE DAY!!!


8 comments:

  1. What a newsy post! Glad you are enjoying your guests. That swap meet sounds like great fun. Each state has their own flavor when it comes to swap meets and I'll yours has the most interesting of all.

    When is your knee surgery or did you already have it and I'm having a brain fart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew anyone (that wasn't family) could live with me for over two weeks? Impressive.

      My left knee was replaced in Sept ... right knee was equally bad (we just flipped a coin) but I am hoping to wait a year until I'm on Medicare to get a little financial help. I think in the meantime I'm going to have to use a cane. Just too unstable ...

      Delete
  2. National Drink Wine Day sounds like a requirement to participate to me. I'm a rule follower so count me in. I love me some wine. I hope your bad knee improves. It sounds like you had quite a storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a bit windy despite the wind advisory being removed! Yes, we had wine at lunch and have bought a nice bottle (ok, ok TWO nice bottles) to get us through the evening!! Glad you are joining us!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know it was National Wine Day! I will be joining you in the celebration! :-) I'm glad the weather is looking up - enjoy the swap meet and the beach time with your lovely guest! Since you are looking at some lonely weeks maybe it's time to foster another sweet doggie! I loved reading the Honeysuckle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining this national tradition! I'm going shopping for new carpet so I will probably not foster any more pets. Don't want to stress them (or me) out about making any mistakes. But we shall see.

      The Humane Society also has a Beach Buddy program where volunteers take a dog for the day to keep them socialized. That might be a good option for me!

      I'm doing more Na Hoaloha (neighbors helping neighbors) driving and helping with party planning for volunteer appreciation luncheon coming up soon.

      Delete
  4. John probably has Gout in his toe and wine is by far the worse thing for it! Too much uric acid in his kidneys'--get him to drinking lots of water. As fast as you recovered from your first knee replacement, you shouldn't have any problem this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is going to see his Dr when he returns to Seattle area. It's not so painful now but still very red and swollen.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...