Thursday, February 4, 2021

WHAT A WEEK - ALREADY

Lots of interesting things to share, mostly good, some are funny and some involve relatives.

The HOA approved our "encroachment" potted plants with lots of praise.  They didn't even ask to talk to me (when previously refused to talk unless I was there).  They are cuckoo.  The two ladies traded bad cop and good cop roles for this chat.  Now they are going to begin to enforce patio "rules".  Yeh, we will maybe do ours AFTER I see others doing it ... including two Board members.

HOORAY for me ... walking at least 20 minutes every day.  Skipped one day as was pouring rain all day long.  Yesterday I only did 15 minutes as it started to hail.  Why can't snuggling on my bed with my laptop kill some calories??  Although it is beautiful to see the beginnings of spring ....

I shouldn't really complain ... my sister broke her foot in 3 places ...

She's supposed to wear a boot but it is NOT comfortable.  Currently she has a kneel-on scooter downstairs and crutches upstairs.

Her older sister, on the other hand, was trying to reach something on the floor and I rolled off my bed!


Thankfully no one heard me and it took 10 minutes to get up off the floor.  SOOOO out of shape (and it's hard to kneel on titanium knees).

Yesterday while chatting on the phone with my Sis, a hummingbird thought our Valentine window stick ons were feeders!  Kept coming to the red one and tapping on it ... then shaking their little heads and leaving.



Kate and Jesse have an indoor corner to keep alive while they wait for Spring.


She has started a lot of native flowering plants on the patio and when they are ready to be repotted/planted, she lets her Facebook group friends know.  They drive by and help themselves.  A very tight knit community.  

On Wednesday morning Tahlia, my niece in the tiny house, texted to see if they could come over for the afternoon/evening.  Their black water tank was FULL and they could not use their toilet!  Of course, it is finals week for our medical school student.  They came over about 2:30pm right after Audree's test.

What Tahlia didn't tell me was their internet wasn't working properly nor was her iPhone and she had an important work Zoom!  I gave her a little Auntie chat about SPEAKING UP when I can help!  We have great wifi and she could have used my phone.  Kids!

Ta ta for now!


















8 comments:

  1. That is one nasty black and blue mark!

    I loved hearing the downside of living in a tiny house. They look so romantic and cozy from all the TV shows but having had an RV I know there is another side as well.

    I can only shake my head at your HOA board with PMS. I really hope we don't get a deck Nazi after I move. But if someone above me has a bird feed I might become one for attracting mice to my unit. That and no grills are the only 'rules' I've heard so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Tahlia marks her calendar to have that emptied every 3 months ..... it is a hidden cost ... $200 to have it emptied and hauled away.

      Delete
  2. Ouch, your sisters foot looks painful and your bruises are beauts. I was going to mention using your knees to get up but can see why that is a problem. Glad you finally made it.
    So cool to have hummingbirds this time of year. I miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to have a few different kinds of birds all year long. We each have a feeder on our window so we get close ups all the time.

      Delete
  3. In glad you were able to get up. Those are some nasty bruises!
    I no longer soak in the tub after it took 15 minutes to get out! I did NOT want fire department to help me while naked! (I still show er-haven't given up on hygiene)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha ha ha! Me too! Lucky we have a hot tub (closed during Covid) and a pool. ALMOST makes up for the Mean Girl Squad

      Delete
  4. GooD luck in the future with your HOA. Wow -- those bruises look wicked. Getting on my non-titanium knees isn't that great any more either. There's much to be said for spit baths sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your HOA is something.
    Those are some bad bruises. I fell in the shower once and that's what it looked like. Hope they don't hurt too much.
    That x-ray of your sister's foot is scary.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...