Sunday, February 28, 2021

GRANDFAMILIES

Sorry this post is a little late in the day.

Since the ice storm and four day power outage, we are now being bothered with electrical problems.  For no apparent reason (no sudden surge like hair dryer, space heater, iron, oven, etc), half the outlets in my room do not work and half the outlets in the boys' room do not work.  Jesse spent two days trying to fix things but we are finally calling an electrician tomorrow.  The folks who work at his favorite hardware store told him many folks are having issues as well.  This condo IS 24 years old so it's time to update.


   

Having a happy grandfamily takes a lot of compromise.  My daughter is a messy mouse and Jesse loves tchotchkes (knick knacks that have no purpose other than being decorative).  Personally, I'm at that "less is more" serene stage.  I spend most of my time in my tiny luxury room aboard the Booth/Lockhart cruise line.  It's filled with a LOT of stuff but I feel it is organized and mostly hidden in containers and baskets.   Now that I'm using power in the living room, I've finally had a tiny melt down in my mind!  

They honestly look at the entire dining room covered with containers and seed packets and fertilizer and potting soil and ???? as a project that is started but not yet finished.  For four days.  Which I wouldn't mind as much if I saw it was constantly being worked on.  The sun came out and they are both working on  projects outside.

(Not our house but could be!)

The condo does not have much storage and we all have TOO MUCH stuff.  But we do have a HUGE storage unit just 5 minutes away .... or walking distance of about 6 blocks, not on the road.  

Since it's the weekend and they are spending lots of time taking the boys on hikes and fun in the parks, I merely emailed them where they will need to focus their time INDOORS during the weekdays, even if it IS sunny.  Daughter feels I'm being a nag (and if I ask twice for the same thing, I guess it IS nagging) but I just need to remind them this is MY house and even though they are adults, they can follow MY rules.

Stay tuned .....

3 comments:

  1. My situation is not exactly the same, but I get it. Issues here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. things are getting done today! Hip hip hooray! The electrician will come tomorrow afternoon (the first company I called couldn't take appt til MAY!!!). When I stay in my room, I don't notice the STUFF as much! They may lock me in ....

      Delete
  2. I understand. I don't like how I do the same thing as your SIL and daughter. I put rollers, paint tray, brushes out on kitchen table this weekend and while I did paint a few paint samples on the bathroom walls yesterday, I don't expect to complete paint project until this weekend so all that "stuff" will remain on kitchen table until paint project has been completed. I live by myself so have only myself to blame:) Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...