Sunday, January 31, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. RALPH

Today marks Mr. Ralph's 87th birthday!

We used to go out for a special dinner at a local restaurant but it has since closed. Now the five of us go to a different local restaurant which is now open on the covered patio.  But I just don't feel it is safe enough yet and everyone here likes to cook, so we will do something delish.  

Vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for dessert.  He is known world wide for having wait staff tell him all of the desserts they offer and then would ask "do you have just plain vanilla ice cream and lots of chocolate syrup?  NOT hot fudge or anything fancy, no whipped cream and no cherry so I can save calories".  Even at a wedding in England, everyone was served strawberries and Devonshire cream .... except him.  They brought him a bowl of vanilla ice cream and two small pitchers of chocolate syrup!  Everyone roared!


One of my favorite pictures ... teaching our daughter to nap!  1986


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mr Ralph! That 1986 Image is Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet memory! Funny how he always wanted to hear the dessert menu before ordering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every. Single. Time.

      For his retirements party they had ice cream and chocolate sauce ... the HUGE restaurant sized tins, stacked for maximum viewing!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Mr. Ralph. What a sweet picture and so glad you have that memory. Nothing sweeter than a child sleeping on her dad's chest. I can actually relate to the vanilla ice cream. I have done the same thing--minus the syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a wine/cheese dessert person ... but I'd always encourage him to get dessert and I'd have a taste!

      Delete
  4. That photo is so sweet.
    Mr. Ralph knew what was important about dessert. Chocolate syrup is A1 in my book.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...