Sunday, February 7, 2021

THE LAUNDRY POD


My niece and her girlfriend (Tahlia and Audree) have joined us in being a healthy pod.  They live in the tiny house about 25 minutes away.  They quarantined for two weeks and then we had a short visit, with masks, as they picked up mail.  They are both VERY safe living in this Covid time.  The next visit we took a walk and so on.  Tahlia works from home and Audree is an online medical student.  We decided to unmask and be an official pod.

I finally thought to invite them over to do their laundry!  Now we are doing this every two weeks and I'm thinking maybe we should do once a week.  The first few times I treated to take out food (Tahlia is strict  vegetarian).  Last night the three of us made dinner to give my kids the night off.  Turned out delicious ... chicken and cheese enchiladas for most of us, tofu and roasted sweet potatoes with spicier sauce for those who wanted.  Rice, huge salad, two kinds of beans, guacamole and salsa (store bought) and chips.  And we all have enough leftovers for at least one night, probably two.  They brought homemade sour dough bread!  


Now we are officially a Laundry Pod! 

These two are always upbeat and happy (well, last week was a bit of a disaster!) and they like to interact with the boys.  

Candy Land with Lego playing pieces!  Or soldiers.


Rapper Braeden with Audree.


Deacon and Tahlia

They boys were stinkers as they each didn't want to play after two games they didn't win!  We got permission from the parents to let the boys "teach" the girls how to play Roblux.  I think we will try Animal Crossing next time.

It's nice to finally have people in our home!






 

8 comments:

  1. I'll bet it was fun. I forgot what that is like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had forgotten! So nice to have two new people to talk with. They are so much fun. And I learn something every visit ... Audree's medical school is taught by organ!

      Delete
  2. I like your laundry pod, that looks like a fun evening with board games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might try grownup board games ... boys get bored too easily!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good time and you've done everything possible to be safe. We are longing to see our peeps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are even MORE strict than we are! It won't be long before we can meet with others OUTSIDE!

      Delete
  4. That sounds delightful. So glad you have a pod, wouldn't mind one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find people with your same way of thinking about Covid precautions. So many seem to think masking is not necessary and slow exposure to each other. We are all thankful we found each other.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...