Sunday, February 21, 2021

WE HAVE A TWEENAGER IN THE HOUSE

 


Even Covid could not keep this boy from growing up.  He is officially a "tween" ... a term for pre-teen

tween (pre-teen) is a child who's between the stages of childhood and adolescence. It's this “in-between” stage that the name “tween” is derived from. The term was first coined in the late 1980s. Children enter their tween years somewhere around ages 9 to 12 years old.




He is growing out his little boy hair and wants to have a "real" stylist cut his hair (instead of Dad).  He's picky about his clothes and shoes.  He loves hiphop and rap and wants to play music 24/7.  He's eating much more and sleeping 12+ hours at night.



I bought them each a hip hop necklace and black long sleeved t-shirt for Valentine's Day.  The dancing began immediately!

Dad has been having small "talks" and is giving him age appropriate books.  I noticed he keeps it hidden from his brother ... for now.

After the ice storm, a classmate from second grade popped over with his Mom so they could have a socially distant chat.  Braeden was so enthused about it he is asking us to find the phone numbers of other past classmates.  I found one Dad on FB and he messaged me his new cell and the boys have been talking for over an hour!

Phase Tween is in full force.







6 comments:

  1. What a handsome young man. He sounds perfectly normal and you get to enjoy all the changes while they probably surprise him. Or that may be the other way around:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just seems TOO early for him to be a tween! He's still my little guy! Fortunately, when no one is looking, I still get a little snuggle and some one-on-one time!

      Delete
  2. Must be fun to watch the boys change as the grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like all is progressing well there. My grandson is entering that age. Interesting years as I recall his Dad then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember my daughter ... girls start earlier (rolling their eyes and sighing) and last way longer!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...