Thursday, December 31, 2020

2021 RESOLUTIONS

None.  Nada.  Zero.

After 50 years of making a list of outlandishly ambitious resolutions and feeling not so good about myself by the end of February when everything ceased, no need to write them down.  I know my weak spots and where I need improvement.  There was so much comfort watching too much Netflix and Hulu and Amazon.  Don't think I am going to give that up until the pandemic is over.  Same with comfort eating.



After the dumpster-fire of a year we had in 2020, I'm focusing on the good in my life, my country and the world.  If they will have me back, I'm going to volunteer with WLLO again.  I know they will understand if I say no to more than I want to give.  I'm also going to return to being a cub reporter for our HOA newsletter.  

This year I am volunteering to make dinner once a week and bring in dinner once a week.  With one night being "clean out the fridge" night, that leaves each kidult two dinners a week.  Plus all the breakfasts and lunches.  Our kitchen is too tiny to have more than two people in there working.  I want to include more fish and hopefully more ethnic food.  I've been keeping a list of potential meals that the boys will enjoy (I hope).  That is as close as I get to a "resolution".

Cheers to another year of blogging!






 

2 comments:

  1. I think you did well with your resolutions plan. I've always been of the mindset that if we keep our resolutions for as long as we can through the year, that's still a win. After all, without goals we'd just vegetate and never grow. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan to me. I didn't make any resolutions this year. I think I'm going to just try to do the best I can. Not so much pressure. :) Happy New Year to you! I hope it's a good one for all of us. I've enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...