Thursday, December 10, 2020

NEWEST FASHION ACCESSORY

Yep.  The mask. 

I started out with disposable.  

Did we all start out with the basic, pretty thin disposable blue?


Next I bumped it up to black so the mask would always blend with my outfit.  But still disposable.

A WLLO friend made me two cloth black masks which feel much safer. I steam clean them every few wearings.  Now I'm investing in cloth with changeable filter ... and a bit of style.

Then I went for a little fun!  I only use this outdoors because it doesn't have a nose wire and is just one layer.



This Covid seems to be here for the long haul and Etsy introduced me to this more stylish version.  And it has a pocket for changeable filter.  But when I put on my reading glasses, they still fog up a little.

Coming soon ...

Origami style which supposedly helps reduce the fog.  Nose wire and filter pocket.

I also got some KN95 disposables.   After hearing from a friend about plastic face shields, I bought some of those although none of us has had to wear them.
















4 comments:

  1. I never have trouble with foggy glasses. They say you need the masks with the metal nose thing that keeps the mask snug to your nose to avoid the fog and to wash your glasses with eye glass clean frequently. I do both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My masks do have nose wire and I use plenty of cleaner. I think because I wear my readers around my neck so when they get close to my warm, moist breath ... who knows! I may try wearing progressive glasses the whole time to see if that changes things!

      Delete
  2. We have the N95 masks. Not very stylish, but suppose to be very effective. The bands go over the back of the head, though. I like the ones that go around the ears. They are more convenient, and easier to put on and remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried the N95 but the kidults do. I don't think I'd like the over the head band either. Bad enough around the ears for taking off in the car. Almost lost an earring so earrings are out! WHEN will this be over???????

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...