Sunday, December 6, 2020

NO GRINCH ALLOWED

 


This sign has now been recycled. 


I'm amazed how much more boy time I have since stepping down from "too much" WLLO volunteering.  My email has been reduced by more than half.  They each claim Gramma's room for distance learning.  One in the morning and one in the afternoon.  (They have EACH finished a grade level in Math already!  Three months!). It was such a great hug when Braeden "graduated" just the other day right by my side.  He has such a hard time with Math.  Mom helped him celebrate by making him a s'mores pie.  He is gaining confidence by the minute.

My Christmas shopping is done, thanks to Amazon and Etsy.  Fortunately, I made the kidults order in November ... I've heard of delivery delays.  I usually buy too much for the boys, so some can go to stockings.  My favorite choice this year is "stinky" crayons (by Crayola!) ...  kids will love the smelly scents, including old rotten tooth, moldy sponge, grass, cough syrup, mushroom, pizza, cheese, dirty potatoes, onion, barn, socks, and flat tire.

They are going out this afternoon (sunny and crisp) to get a tree.  Then there is an outdoor local craftsman fair starting at 4pm.  Our Covid rates have gone up 15% since Thanksgiving so I'm not too keen on being around anyone, even with masks, even outside.  There was an article in NYT about a couple getting arrested for knowingly taking a plane to Hawaii for vacation ... they both were tested before traveling and BOTH have Covid. I hope they do jail time although I feel sorry for the other prisoners.

Life at my house is still going well.  






5 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at how self-centered people like those travelers with Covid-19 can be.

    Glad you are enjoying your time away from WILO volunteering. From my little experience doing volunteer work there are always some who do the work and others taking credit for it, then the complainers who do nothing to help but have got lots to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! You nailed it on the volunteer cycle. The sad part is now the busiest person is having to do all of my work. We keep in touch and yesterday she contacted me about doing a virtual play on Zoom. I could not get anyone to volunteer for anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your shopping is done! Those crayons sound cute! Kind of like the Harry Potter jelly beans with weird flavors my step granddaughter had a few years back! May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    Off on a blogging break so won't be commenting for a bit :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about the stinky crayons. Where have I been? So glad you have more time to enjoy the boys. I've finished my shopping, too. Just waiting for one thing to arrive. So glad that life at your house is still going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are starting now to see the rise in cases from the people who gathered for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...