Sunday, April 19, 2020

QUARANTINE INSPIRATION

Actually, I have a lack of inspiration.  Even though my past seven years I have turned into an introvert and a lover of stay at home, it's getting a little old now.  It's been just a little over five weeks.  How did Anne Frank do it?  Two years?  With seven other people. In 450 sq ft?  Kinda makes me feel bad about complaining ....

I did my first online, have delivered shopping excursion.  Walmart.  Nine day wait and it was mainly for flour.  I signed up to be "invited" to use Amazon/Whole Foods for fresh things ... no response yet.  Everyone here is cooking up a storm.  Lasagna, creamy potato soup, chef salad, homemade cornbread, chocolate chip cookies, crazy noodle chicken soup (three different kinds of pasta to choose from ... as we had 1/3 cup of each from leftover projects), homemade waffles, berry shortcake, taco salad, and I can't remember all the rest.  Since I'm living in my pajamas, nothing is too tight!

WLLO Village is filling a lot of my time.  Past Council Chair is stepping down on Tuesday.  It's a good thing (for most of us).  But she got us up and running although alienating a good many volunteers along the way.  The incoming chair has spent a lot of time and effort putting together a virtual farewell for her.  A member donated 100 personal care packages (for 12 villages .. we got 6!) and they were so well received.

I hosted our first weekly Coffee Tea and Thee on Friday mornings at 10:00am.  Via Zoom and it was actually fun!  There are so many fun things we could do but no one is stepping up to be a host.  We have about 3 meetings a week online so things are busy behind the scenes.

The boys are loving home schooling because the parents are making it so fun!  Mostly outside on nice days (we've had 10 in a row!).  Usually some physical activity rewards after 15-20 minutes of learning.  Last night was movie night ...  Mom and Mr. 6 in the master bedroom watching Dr. Doolittle and Dad and Mr. 9 watching a WWII movie and they camped out in living room together.

I think Snickerdoodles today!

Take that, quarantine!


4 comments:

  1. Parents and kids getting to know each other.
    What a concept! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concept has been made so much better with teaching them. Very enjoyable for all five of us.

      Delete
  2. There really are a lot of good things families will take away from this time of quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all are weathering this pretty well! I do "envy" you in that you have your grandchildren around you! Missing my grandson fiercely :) (but glad you have the opportunity to see them and participate in things). Cool with the Zoom Coffee Tea and Thee! Technology is fantastic these days to keep people in touch with each other. Its a plethora of smells in our backyard with different things people are cooking. I think I smelled a cake being baked today!

    Hang in there!! I loved staying home but I also loved being able to go out when I wanted to. This is a bit of a stretch to hang in there but our daily drives are keeping me sane. Its so weird driving by things that would have been so popular and seeing a ghost town type of thing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...