Thursday, April 30, 2020

QUARANTINE CONUNDRUM

Unfortunately, I have people in my circle of life that are ANTI any measures to slow down (and prevent) Covid 19.  One highly educated person feels it is psychologically damaging (to them).  One feels it is a government conspiracy allowing bad people to mask their true intentions by covering key body language.


First of all, I wear a mask in public, not for me, but for YOU.  Every one of you.  I am educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.  No, I don’t “live in fear” of the virus; I just want to be a part of the solution, not the problem.

I don’t feel like the “government is controlling me;” I feel like I’m being a contributing adult to society and I want to teach others the same.

The world doesn’t revolve around me. It’s not just about me and my comfort.  If we all could live with other people's consideration in mind, this whole world would be a much better place.

Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared, stupid, or even “controlled.” It makes me considerate.

When you think about how you look, how uncomfortable it is, or what others think of you, just imagine someone close to you - a father, a mother, grandparent, a sister, a child, a grandchild - choking on a ventilator or respirator.

I simply ask myself if I could just suck it up a little longer for them.


8 comments:

  1. We are living through interesting times. We just got an order from the governor that we must wear masks in public places and the stores can refuse us service if we don't. I don't mind. Like you, I'm willing to do for the greater good of all of us. The conspiracy nuts are just that...nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew there were so MANY conspiracy nuts out there! And paranoid people. Or people wearing masks only on their mouth!!

      Delete
  2. You said my thoughts perfectly. I marvel at those who think going bare faced now days is a sign of freedom. They just don't care about anyone but themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had no idea how many people do not know much about this virus and quarantine. They must not be able to read ... especially about history. They must get their news on Facebook. Heaven help us!!!

      Delete
  3. I agree that wearing masks around people is wise. It stops us from touching our faces and is protective against some droplets, not all. And if we are infected but not symptomatic it protects others. So it is a win win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me wearing a mask is definitely to protect others. I wish we could post memes on here .... I think I will on a separate blog page ... great analogy!

      Delete
  4. Forgive me I do know the benefits of the mask. Half of the time or more than half of the time we forget to bring them with us. I do pledge to be more diligent in wearing them. I do believe they will be our future accessories. Good reminder!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...