Thursday, July 11, 2019

DUET DINING

Isn't it fun to try new restaurants and different cuisines?  My sister is much more adventurous both in finding new restaurants and cooking different cuisines.  She returned to her home at midnight on Wednesday, brought a dish for a 4th of July party, had friends over on Friday night AND on Saturday night.  Heck!  It took me til Thursday to unpack my bags!!

We mostly had coffee, tea and light breakfast at home.  Usually dinner at home as well ... SO delish!



That girl can really made salads into dinner ... with mostly leftovers!  Purple asparagus, farro salad (not in this salad) chopped sugar snap peas, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, boiled egg, smoked salmon OR fresh salmon, a shmeer of hummus with a tiny crunchy bit of carbs.  Yummy cheese and fruit for dessert.

We splurged one evening and went to the Oystercatcher in Coupeville for dinner.  (We also sneaked in a lunch there ... they are only open for dinner Thurs - Sun, lunch Fri - Mon).  We had lofty plans of sharing a meal ... but we ended up being piggies and each getting our own.

The evening started with a simply delicious radish topped with tiny spheres of browned butter.  Herbs and flowers for great eye appeal and taste.




This is my cup of broccoli soup, swirled with strawberry something or other and a dollop of creme fraice.





A tiny intermezzo of spring pea sorbet





My main dish was a salad ... Reine de glace lettuce, gunsho, cured egg yolk, turnip, radish, cauliflower, carrot, shallot vinaigrette, housemade green goddess dressing.

(Yes, please Google those ingredients!  I had to)
















Accompanied by champagne!  (How many bottles did we drink that week?  We'll never tell)  But we both neglected to take a photo of the dessert we shared.  Deconstructed strawberry shortcake.

Kohlrabi & lemon macerated strawberries, pepperberry shortcake (more like a cookie), honey-chevre mousse, and mint.

Oh my!

4 comments:

  1. With all that rabbit food you and your sister must be really healthy. It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is SUPER healthy. Always has been. She's a little TOO thin right now (in my humble opinion). My favorite foodie friend!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, everything looks delicious! Especially that broccoli soup and so pretty too! Definitely worth a splurge every once in awhile and always an added bonus if champagne is involved!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a remarkable meal! I wish I had a different hobby ....

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...