Tuesday, June 4, 2019

TAKING A LUXURY CRUISE!

In the past, I have always wanted to take a cruise.  Mr. Ralph thought he would feel "trapped" and wouldn't enjoy himself although he eventually warmed up to an Alaska cruise.  Right before we booked (with two other couples), his cancer was at a very iffy stage and we couldn't predict how he would feel, so we had to say no.  Luckily we did cancel (and cancelled a Road Scholar scotch tasting trip with my sister and hubby as well).  His health was declining quicker than we expected.



After a few years after he passed, I thought maybe a Disney cruise for the five of us.  Kate feels like her Dad did but she would buck it up for the boys.  I set off onto my research.  And hour or so later, it sounded like $25,000 for a vacation.  Not in my budget!

In the meantime I've come to realize I live on a luxury cruise line.  My stateroom is a spacious 10x13 with a porthole.  Meals, entertainment, cleaning and laundry are all inclusive.  Often I can simply ask for a bottle of wine and someone will walk four blocks to acquire one for me.

The cruise line comes with no seasickness and daily adventure stops where I can get off and away and then return to my Queen bed.  Hugs and kisses each night.



Most people are incredulous at our lifestyle but when I explain about my stateroom on a luxury cruise liner, it seems like a lot more fun.  And it is!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why anyone would be "incredulous" about your lifestyle. It's very old fashioned and hip at the same time to have three generations living under one roof. I know 6-7 ladies who live the same life as you do. But I'm sorry, unless you've found a way to reproduce the smell of the ocean I'm not buying the luxury cruise thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...