Sunday, August 21, 2022

QUERULOUS QUEEN

Yep.  Definitely crabby and all adjectives of the same.

A distant neighbor came knocking one day last week and wanted to relay some rumors she heard.  She's an anti-masker so when I handed her one (to come in) she refused so I masked myself and went to her condo.  The rumor is a near future assessment.

After listening, I came home and looked up our past three years of balance sheets and my oh my have we blown through a LOT of cash.

I sent an email to everyone in my building:

I think it is IMPORTANT that we attend the annual meeting next Weds, Aug 25.  5:30 on the patio, I think.

Rumors are about that there may be an assessment in our future (on top of an increase in monthly fees) as the Board has spent way more than was budgeted or in our Reserve Study.

We have prided ourselves on having a large reserve fund and have not had an assessment in my 12 years here.  Here is the balance sheet from June 30 (these documents should be forwarded to us every month, with the newsletter, as we did in the past). But they are on our web portal at CMI.

Expenses over $3,000 need to be voted upon.  Not just by the Board.  WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY GONE?
Attached are June asset pages from 2022, 2021 and 2020 … read the TOTAL FUNDS line in each … in June 2020 we had almost $800,000.  In June this year, we have $200,000.

I don’t remember voting to spend this????

Stay tuned.  The same person has been on the Board since the beginning of time.  She never gets three quotes on major expenses (yes, remember when I was on the Board?).  Wednesday night is our Annual Meeting.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of missing money to account for! Sounds like you need a new board and I hope you get a good attendance for the meeting.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...